Selling a Private Reg Plate on Fleabay?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sinewave, Aug 16, 2014.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

How does one go about it?

In the sense of how do I get a feel as to whether there's enough interest or whether I 'let it go' with the Bike?

2. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

You would need to put it on retention before you could sell it - I think it cost £105 last time I did this (which includes £80 transfer onto next vehicle).

I don't think you would get that much interest - new plates can be had from DVLA for £250 upwards including transfer.

Good LUK with the sale :) What bike are you getting next?

3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

What's reg plate sinewave ?

4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I can’t really comment on selling via fleabay.

I sold my late father’s private plate via one of the online registration plate sellers but it took quite a while to sell.

At the start we got a fair few much lower offers but we weren’t in any hurry. I think it took about a year and half to sell, but we got the money we wanted for it in the end.

It’s all about the right person with the same initials wanting what you have to sell when you want to sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I bought the Plate MY 13 LUK for my Blade when it was new, thought it quite ironic as some Peeps were that superstitious that they were specifying 62 Plates (which the DVLA allowed) all the way through till the 63 Plate came out in September 2013

Anyway I paid £500 for it from DVLA

I'm looking at doing a deal for a new ZX10R so was looking at recouping my money rather than let it go with the Bike?

6. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Doesn't seem as much interest in number plates of late , I've had mine on ebay for 3 months of my r6 . Not even an offer
    Very surprising