Sending ebay items abroad

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sam Bird, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

Ive had someone offer me a price im kinda happy to accept for my fairings on ebay. Its not my full price but im not unhappy with the offer.
    Only problem is he is in Poland. He has been an eBay member for over a year and has 46 positive comments and 1 negative. It looks like he sells bike parts as he has 4 akrapovic exhausts for sale at the moment.

What are the pitfalls of sending ebay sales abroad? I know lots of people say they dont do it but no-one says why.

What could go wrong??

Providing I dont send the goods till the money has cleared PayPal and is in my account what could go wrong??

2. Greco

Greco Active Member

Hey Sam, yeah why not? I dont see any problem with sending things abroad when the funds are clear.
    Other companies out there are doing the same, so i would say see if you get any interest in UK and if not just do it.

3. Julian

Julian Active Member

you can get e bay to send it ! you post it to an address in Derby they do the rest, I regularly sell items to Spain

4. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

Cool. Cheers.

5. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I hate the way that eBay can refund the buyer with no input from the seller whatsoever once they say they weren't happy with the item. It's alway in the buyers interest, never the sellers however spot on things may be!

6. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've had mixed experiences on this one. Sold some Dainese boots to a guy in Hungary after he pleaded to be allowed to bid. He won. He paid. Shipped them to him. No problems at all.

Last year I put a set of leathers on and stipulated no bidders outside the UK. I described every problem with them but the auction was written in UK-style jokey tongue-in-cheek fashion. For example I described my repair job to the inner liner as being clearly better than what Dainese had managed when they made them because my repair panel had stayed in placed where Dainese's original liner had ripped.......wink wink...

The guy, from Germany this time, pleaded to be allowed to bid. I said that the shipping costs would likely make these leathers very expensive for him but he said that he didn't care. He'd pay whatever it cost to ship them.

He won the auction and then the problems started. I got a price from Parcelforce to ship the box and he complained saying that it was far too expensive but OK, he'd pay it. I didn't want him to feel hard done-by so had a search around to get a cheaper price and found one. Despite the fact that he'd already paid me I told him about the cheaper shipping rather than trousering the difference and issued him a paypal refund for it (didn't get a thank you for that).

I shipped and then a couple of days later he came back with a litany of problems. This isn't right. That isn't right........"I don't sink zat your repair to ze liner is up to ze standards of Dainese myself"........after some tooing and froing he opened a case with eBay..........they sided with him and I had to take them back.

I certainly wouldn't ship internationally again. It's just not worth the extra hassle in my eyes. I know that eBay's international selling has made it easier but I just can't be arsed with dealing with non-UK buyers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1