Shakey back to moto gp?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by blade1980, May 7, 2012.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

See Paul bird might swap shakey for Ellison at le mans in a couple of weekend, see if he can sort out the chatter problem and see if it's more Ellison than the bike that's the problem!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Tantalising little snippet wasn't it.

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Tbh - they are both out their depth... The only way your going to get the best out of a CRT bike is give it to a 20 year old who dont give a fcuk and has everything to prove... IMO of course lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Ducati may be thinking the same thing with the GP bike!

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

As much as I love rossi - I would be also... Stoner is prime example, bradle the same

6. Givover

Givover God Like

What is the point of the CRT Bikes anyway Paul bird must have more money than sense and yes jimbo is right they are both old hat for this game and plz don't mention Bradley ive won nowt Smith i would rather see Josh Brooks get a run.

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I think the thing with CRT is simply the name - nobody (by that assumption I mean me) can associate with it.

Dorna missed a trick, they should have called it moto1, clear class below motogp but run in same race, should have done a separate podium to acknowledge the guys were racing for something. Gives you a chance of seeing at least one race in motogp field lol

Not withstanding that, it's clear where they will go, motogp and wsb are now so close, gp or prototype racing is becoming obsolete, I think the manufacturers will go into wsb an do their r&d there and motogp will then be a big brother moto2 class with control tyres and engines... See where I was going with the moto1, would have made the transition much smoother...

Paul bird etc ain't daft, they are not spending money to be last, they are getting in early to get a leg up ahead of the gold rush when the manufacturers pull out and be the top CRT teams which will be te new motogp format.

All of the above is my mere speculation of course - based on absolutely no fact whatsoever.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I was under the impression the CRT bikes are there to make up a better grid for Moto Gp and to lower costs. And I keep hearing people say they are the future. With WSB becoming faster than Moto gp bike I do hope they are not the future. Mainly as we need a prototype bike series out there to keep pushing the boundaries with regards to new tech on bikes.

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Think that's just the marketing boys keeping everyone happy until they change... It'll have to as the manufacturers racing in both series isn't financially sustainable - look at Suzuki and Kawasaki who have pulled out already.

who says the boundaries won't be pushed by CRT teams, the future must be gizmos, suspension and chasis design, all of which is their bag... Do we really need more powerful engines that just need more gizmos to control?

Look at f1 - the best development is done by red bull and maclaren - not manufacturers

10. damodici

damodici Active Member

On a different note I think Paul bird is an outright knobhead!

I mean don't get me wrong , Ellison was never going to be anywhere near competitive but to practically call the bloke a liar on TV and then release this info further degrading him with a hair brained idea that Shakey will somehow be competitive enough to give accurate feedback on how bad the chatter is was just stupid.

They could've of easily done this in a private test and it just smacks of arrogance to me as though Mr Bird simply won't believe his bike could have chatter after spending loads of money???? Get a grip , take a look at the fastest man on the planet and his Honda, I'm sure if Stoners multi ££££££££££££££ bike gets chatter it's a fair assumption that your bag of shite does too.

And breathe..... :)

11. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

It can't be done in a private test, as Shakey isn't a nominated test rider he wouldn't be supplied with Bridgestone race tyres.

It's a good move by Birdy, and good for Ellison when Shakey says its a dog.