Shoei from arai

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Dec 5, 2014.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Always had arai but thinking of changing to a shoei as the helmet I wanted is like rocking horse shit, seen a shoei that takes my fancy an x spirit 2, just seeing if anyone else switched and how they get on with their shoei?

2. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Next helmet i buy will be a Shoei,tried several on this year and they feel so much better than AGV that i have been using.

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I like my old shoei but it's my spare lid now, I do think that Arai & Shoei are far more expensive than they should be for what you get. I went to a nice Carbon Nexx which I smashed up in August courtesy of a massive high side but now have an X-light 802 ultra carbon - both around the £300-£350 mark.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yup I defunct from arai cos the side pods were driving me nuts... Tried shoei years ago but couldn't get on. Dropped a size to XS2 and wouldn't go back right now.

Biggest thing i noticed was the visibility. Brilliant

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Love my Shoei helmets. So comfortable and the noise levels are lower than others I've tried.

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I'd say mine is slightly louder than arai? But my ears are fooked and earplugs stop the wind noise anyway lol

7. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Used to have arias for years, then tried the corsair when it came out and it wouldn't fit my head at all so swapped to shoei,
    In fact I still have all my shoei's 3 xr1000 2 xr1100 and I love them, more recently as Jimbo says the visibility is excellent. I think tho that the noise levels are lower than the arai because shoei's don't have the pods, the air flow over the wrap round visor is smoother.
    That said as previously said top of the range arai's n shoei's they are very expensive, I too have switched to Nolan xlite carbon which is half the price but not half the quality or safety or noise levels.

8. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Used to have arai's but last couple of helmets have been shoei's and to be honest better helmets, less wind noise and better field of view

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

You know what they say James, small head, small c..........

• Like Like x 1
  10. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Are the sizes likely to be slightly different, also had small in arai, would thought a small shoei would be the same size?

11. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

I have 2 xr1000 and 1 xr1100 and I love them, tried all sorts before and always came back to Shoei. I also always use ear plugs so noise is not an issue.

12. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Always Shoei.. I had my hearing tested last week and I was pretty sure after riding without ear plugs all these years im bound to be deaf as a post. But no my hearing is just fine for a Lady my age and I put that down to having a well fitting Shoei.. :D
    BTW,Boots are offering free hearing tests...Just book yourself an appointment and get your lugs checked..:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Lol x spirit 2 you nutter! In medium :eek: but I'm going back to arai large then ;)

14. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Diff brands and different ranges all fit different mate, I'd try them all on and go with fit not size :)

15. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

Had both Shoei & Arai. Both excellent but expensive. I tend to just go on design. My next helmet come March will be this.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Shoei GT Air for me best fitting helmet I've ever owned.

17. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Normally had Arai but went to Shark. Probably going to go Schuberth next though.