Sleepwalking

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blink, Apr 12, 2020.

1. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I thought typing about it might help, but in a light hearted way.

I used to sleepwalk when i was younger, and think i stopped at about 14

I sort of still do it over the last 8 years maybe, but recently, i do it very often, and I'm sort of starting to do more complex things before I wake up.

I got up at 4am and sliced a loaf and made toast, and ate it!

and on another occasion I got up and dressed for work, and opened the front door, only woke up there because I couldn't work out the car key. this was also about 3.30

usually, I just get up and walk about and go back to bed, but more recently, I'm waking up, realising I'm not dressed, and that there is someone in bed with me, having a little panic, and putting a tshirt on and shorts before getting back into bed. I'm doing this several times a week, and being dressed before going to bed just means i get up and do something else anyway.

anyway, its the strangest sensation when you start realising that you are sleepwalking and wake up, I dont think you will quite get it unless you have done it. It's kinda like a lucid dream, but with actions!

anyone else do it?

2. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Can't say I've had that experience but I guess this lockdown might be making it more pronounced?? As long as you're not doing anything dangerous I guess you just have to roll with it...

3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

I was going to say we should all leave a car or bike there to give you something to do while your doing it, but probably not a good idea now everyone knows where yours are mate:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

unless you want it slicing and putting in a toaster, i dont think its a good idea

its been longer than the lockdown, but yeah, nothign dangerous so far, just used to it now, i dont like the panic bit though, thats the only bit i'd sooner stop

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I had it really bad in my 20's...

Without fail nearly every week I'd get up in the early hours.....put a silk thong and bra on and totter up the road with a pot of ice cream in my hand to my neighbouring part time male model and rugby club captains house and climb in through his window...

Thankfully it stopped when they sectioned me and took away my wine collection.

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Now you're just tempting us!! Golfy has probably passed out :p

EDIT - Or gone to buy a case of wine hahaha

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I thought you were being serious for most of reading that reply lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

9. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i do the sleeptalking thing sometimes too, less so than walking.

I saw that article about the vivid dreams, and my sister has been complaining about it

10. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I wish I was sleeping long enough to sleep walk. I'm down to about 2-3 sleep over the entire night .really struggling now. I've been off work for over 2 months and its having a real impact on my life. I've gained a stone in weight and lost some flexibility. Silly things are now difficult like putting my socks on in the morning. I've got another 3months off so I've started doing a few weights and moving more. Plus I'm trying not to eat everything I see. Its different when you're bored though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. blink

blink Well-Known Member

totally agree there, i think im on about 4 hours sleep at night now, but since we cant go out, i have been eating more and snacking too. I hope it doesnt go on too long so i can get back out and active again

12. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Resist the temptation to snack blink you have done so well in losing weight and those Dainese leathers fit you so well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. blink

blink Well-Known Member

yeah, im trying. I dont have any snacks in really, no crisps and chocolate etc. I might have to open an easter egg later though. Cant wait to get back to the gym, im sort of hoping that will be a matter of weeks, rather than six months

14. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Sometimes sleep issues can come on because you are over tired. I seem to get the best sleep if I stay off the booze and do my running. Never sleep walked myself but my Mrs used to before we met. Sadly my 10 year old son has the odd sleep walk now and again. Since he has started to play that daft ‘fortnite’ I think it over stimulates kids brains. We tried to keep him off it but pressure off his school mate and them shunning him because he never played it resulted in us giving in. So we now ensure he is off it by 1800 so his brain has chance to de compress before he goes to bed. It seems to be working.

• Like Like x 3
  15. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. blink

blink Well-Known Member

what he might not be telling you is how tired you are the day after sleepwalking, so at school age, its probably more important for him to get a good nights sleep. Often i cant remember sleepwalking until part way through the day, when i start remembering doing something, so its something that disturbs the sleep for longer than the part when you get up

• Like Like x 1
  17. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

@Bikeboy as @dessp2 says stay off the booze and try and exercise. Also try to stay in your old routine of bedtime and getting up, but if you don't sleep then get up and do something. Don't lie in bed reading, playing on phone etc it's about retraining the brain that bed means sleep, and a few hours of sleep that gradually increases over the days and weeks is better than just lieing there getting wound up.

As for the weight gain that can often go hand in hand with a lack of sleep. Without realising it you will snack more and tend towards high sugar treats to perk you up, problem is this will pile on the calories and then you will have a sugar crash and feel worse.

I got diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea a few years ago, basically meant I didn't get a decent sleep for years and so you have my sympathies as I know what a lack of sleep can do to a person.

#17 Barstewardsquad, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I only realized I'd been sleepwalking once when I got up in the morning and found I had pissed on my guitar in the night :oops: ,,,,,,,, had a lot of Guinness that night :rolleyes:
    Jimmy Hendrx probably did the same ,,,,,,, ROCK N ROLL :cool:

Edit to say I was 18 at the time o_O

#18 Selmer50mark, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I havent changed my routine, im still working, just starting a bit earlier, its not a new thing

fortunately, i have always found the bathroom too

• Like Like x 1
  20. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I used to sleep walk ALOT! Dangerously too, woke up driving to work once, was most of the way there :oops::eek:

Haven’t done it for a good 10-12 years now though, for me it was lack of sleep, I still talk in my sleep and move around a lot, but nothing too drastic thankfully. Routine is the best advice I can give, see what works and stick with it :)

• Like Like x 2