Small Rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

According to other half;

I'm not allowed to get my blood pressure up.

I'm not allowed to get stressed at things I cannot change.

I must not shout at people in call centres on the phone.

I must practise the ways of Buddha, apparently.

Well feckin' Buddha obviously never had to deal with the inane mindless f**ktards who run the collect+ parcel company, who's idea of delivering a parcel is to lose it at the first opportunity, not in some small backwater, or off the back of a delivery wagon, but in their national processing centre, ten feckin days ago, and take that long to admit that fact, it goes like this;

Do you have my parcel?

We've instigated a search.

So you've lost it?

No, it just hasn't been scanned for eight days.

That sounds like lost to me, is it lost?

No, it can't be lost until it isn't found in a search.

???????????????? What?

Yeah, it might be lost.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant ends:
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Givover

Givover God Like

If it helps calm you down dude its perhaps not lost after all " just stolen" now how does that feel?

3. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

There's a small twitch just appeared in my right eye Giv !!!

4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I hate waiting, like pacing up n down looking out for the postman.Then when you finally get it.Its the wrong f*cking one!!:confused:

5. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I suppose the value of the parcel affects the gravity of the situation so it's all relative....

Now if that was an item for my bike someone is going to get hurt! ;)

6. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

It was a pair of Alpinestars jeans I'd sold on eBay, I know for a fact they're now gonna try and stitch me up with the basic £50 compensation despite me selling them for more than double that. Small claims court beckons I think.

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea similar problem with a courier last year had to phone them

Me - hi I have a card through the door with a box ticked saying my parcel is in a safe place

Them - yes if you look in the notes it tells you where it is.

Me - yes it says they have left it in my porch.......

Them - (sarcastically) well sir you will prob find it in the porch then.....

Me - (very sarcastically) please feel free to pop round and show me where my fecking porch is as I have lived here 3 years now and I haven't found it yet????

Them - Sir if it says its in your porch then its in your porch!

Me - I DON'T HAVE A PORCH!!!!!

About an hour later I received a call from the driver saying it was left lent against my door and I was trying to pull a fast one.
    My front door is visible from the top of my road so could of been seen by anyone!
    They then claimed I had signed for it which I replied - why would you have put the card through my door then in that case!
    That driver doesn't seem to deliver this area any more!

8. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm with Sideways on this one I hate waiting for parcels! My new shock sat in customs for 10days for them to work out i had to pay £29 for vat

9. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

What courier Martin? Those fookin lying Yodel coonts?

10. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

If anyone mentions the post, I can feel my blood start to boil. We and the stables are at the end of the post round, the next house being about half a mile away. On that basis the post office seem to have decided not to bother until there is a few letters. Then they can’t even be bothered to go to the stables so we get all their post or the other way round dependant on how they feel.
    Now there is a new game being played. They put a note through the door saying they couldn’t deliver a parcel as no one was in. I have actually watched the van pull up, the driver got straight out, pre written card and letters (inc letters for the stables) already in hand, ran to the door, shoved them through the door and back to his van and gone in seconds.
    We then have to go to the post office and collect the parcel. After the third or fourth time this happened. I made a polite but slightly sarcastic complaint all I got was a look and a shrug of the shoulders. Since then we only get post about once a week, twice if we are really lucky.

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol nope it was another company mate

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

We have also watched the postman come to the door and put a note through without knocking but I don't understand what the advantage is in this? We just thought the postman was a bit of an idiot!

Can anyone shed light on why they do this?

13. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

yep i can long street and they don't want to carry the parcel to you house so leave it in van...
    caught the bar stool.

watch him write the card at the van copping the details from the parcel and walk up the street and just the post the card!!!!:mad:

after frog matching his all way down to the van ( me just in my boxer shorts) what else could he do...... sorry

" what you sorry for ?"

"Been caught, been a idiot, a lier or sorry i will take this further?"

and suposivly its the system that put retrains on the weight he can carry in his bag, would mean returning to the van. he isn't given enough time to do that.......

this is my third post today and i feel i want to kill someone!!!!!

14. SteveMac

SteveMac New Member

My postcode in the UK covers two streets, (its a small place) and my house always comes up on their databases as being in the other street, I have to argue that I know which bloody street i live in.

Its listed wrong on every GPS and Delivery network I've come across, we can get it ammended but I'd have to pay to get the change sorted.