Snake pass to Sheffield

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

I have to travel to Worksop for about 3 weeks so thinking about going on the blade and the straight line from Glossop towards the M1 is the Snake pass so have any of you locals got any tips ...Cops ..cameras ..heavy traffic ect .Thanks dudes.

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I'd say this roads getting some hammer recently Giv, what with the stupid 40mph speed limit they got on a section of the M62 at present, but the snake runs pretty well, quite a few LGV's use it, quite heavily policed, time it goes to poo is usually if there's a RTC to avoid on the major motorways.
    That said, you've a fireblade, and you know how to use it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I think Woodhead pass would work better - Glossop = ball ache and from memory once over the snake past the reservoir its quite slow to the M1.

Woodhead pass then turn right on roundabout and you soon go past the steelworks and find yourself on the M1, down a couple of junctions to worksop.

There are a few static cameras on the road to the M1 plus a section with average but from memory it is forward facing cameras so bike friendly but don't quote me on that!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Givover

Givover God Like

Cheers Al I have a couple of weeks to suss out " or until it rains"

5. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

yes wood head a good blast on the blade, but odd cambers can catch you on untill you know where they are.( main on it heading to stockport as you go over the res.... reverse camber

snake pass is a good run but very heavy on the blue boys and at of people get it very wrong, get clogged easy and the end bit drops you bang into very heavy traffic of sheffield

only bad thing with woodhead is on your way to M1 you go though stockbridge bypass average speedies that can take bikes, oh and the fixed cameras at langsett

i use dto go over to stockport 4 days a week so got to love it.

• Like Like x 2