So what can the blade really do

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Remal, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

OK new to the blade still. sort of.

AS this is my first sports bike ( had a 600 fazer and speed triple before). What can the blade really ?

What I mean. I gave it a handful a week or 3 ago in 3rd. I was not right over the front of the bike and lifted the front wheel :secret:

other than corning very well, and going like stink, what other fun things will I find it can do over the next year?

I'm yet to find out what the ABS is like? Anyone found out how good this system is?

hope that makes sense :help:

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

You wont see its full potential till you get on track.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well that will be the 19th pembury then when I will be doing my first trackday. Just hope the Yoshi R77 exhaust passed the noise test. I'll take the baffle along just in case

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

it will defiantly be ok with the baffle in. My mate wasn't allowed on Pembrey last week with the same can as you but with the baffle in it was fine

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

cheers for the info on that

6. GSP

GSP Active Member

The hole to secure the baffle hasn't been punched properly on mine, and I was to impatient to wait for a drill bit suitable for the job to turn up and fitted the can canyway lol.

I'm not sure what more you expect it to do other than go very fast, very easily... even with a relative numpty sat on it.

7. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Regarding the Yoshi rivet, i got mine out with a fine, flat head screw driver and some patience. I didnt want to take the can off so just worked my way around the edges and lifting carefully. USE CLOTHS to protect the can. Then got a small allen key, placed it down the pipe and into the hole, pushed outwards and it pops out.

Takes about 20 mins of soft tinkering

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

cheers mate, my Yoshi came from the US so was not fitted at standard. I have the baffle and instructions. I gather you remove the plug on the L side and insert the baffle and use the screw to tighten

9. GSP

GSP Active Member

Mine is from JHS, shipped direct from PhoenixNW the UK distributor, and its not a rivet in mine.

There is a small rubber gromet on the left side of the can which is supposed to have a hole behind. The hole has been machine punched, except the machine hasn't punched through properly lol, wish it was a rivet though as it would be handy to stick the baffle in occasionally.

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

ahhh got mine from JHS also. will have a look at mine before i go to the trackday

11. GSP

GSP Active Member

JHS are supplied by PhoenixNW so technically it should be a UK one etc, with a UK warranty. Mine came direct from PhoenixNW anyway. ALthough I guess they all start off in the same place.