Some people !

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wedgiewolves#223, Mar 29, 2013.

1. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Coming home from work half a day in the transit ready to load my bike up for mallory tommrrow . Missus kids waiting to go out for summat to eat I go past a chap on a daytona 675 bent down by his back wheel so I stop say "you ok bud " he replies no I can't get this bolt back in so I park up and walk over to him he says I'm ok mate just leave it I can sort it myself . Twat I was even gonna load it up and take him where he needed to be . I thought us bikers were a happy community ha ha

2. phantom

phantom Active Member

thats cause he rides a trumpet,
    has to learn to put the bits back on by himself if he ever wants to go anywhere lol.

no but seriously I sometimes think that harley/trumpet and beemer riders can
    sometimes be a bit snooty....well over here anyway.

3. wedgiewolves#223

Totally agree mate

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Shulda walked off muttering out load about you being a Triumph mechanic on his day off offering his services for free! :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. gray

gray Active Member

I have a trumpet and im friendly

6. phantom

phantom Active Member

ah but you own a blade too so that keeps you
    at the level of us commoners ;)

7. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

He wasn't thievin it was he?

8. wedgiewolves#223

Ha ha never thought of that Na he was pulled over on dual carriageway with it running

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Some people don;t like to ask for help. I'm one of them and i bet the guy felt that he could have done with it after you left.

I would have thought it was nothing more simple than that

10. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Nah, reckon he'd just messed his pants and didn't want wedgie to smell it.

11. steve b

steve b Active Member

ive had a few breakdowns and have allways been glad when people have offered help even when it was not needed,it costs nothing to be polite .
    my throttle cable broke on a vfr 750 on the tavistock to gunnislake road many years ago which is a twisty fast not for the faint hearted road a lady stopped on a streetfighter type of bike and gave me a lift to the nearest phone box(no mobiles back then).she scared the shit out of me ,she was so fast around the bends!

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I stopped not so long ago at the end of the village bypass when I saw a geezer squatting and examining his bike right on the mini roundabout, not a good place to break down. He'd only had the bike a day and hadn't a clue what was wrong, it just died on him as he swung around the roundabout. He was getting quite stressy about it as the weather was crap and he was a long way from home. I pointed out his kill switch was engaged and he was so embarrassed it was embarrassing me, he must have nudged it fiddling with the controls as he approached the junction. I found myself reassuring him that its happened to all of us and was likely to happen to me at some point. The poor bugger wanted the ground to open up for him.