Something else to look out for on uk roads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SimonRR, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a stupid idea it will create accidents where people are trying to over take this heap of sh1t going 28mph in 40's 50's and 60's as it will take up alot more road than a moped!

3. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I have seen these things in France. I have mixed feelings about them coming to the UK for 16 year olds. On the one hand its crazy to allow a "car" to be able to travel on our busy roads at 28mph, are they allowed on motorways? its bad enough being stuck behind trucks on the A14 for mile after mile and can only imagine how frustrating it would be to do the same but at 28mph. On the other hand, having kids, you would do anything to ensure they stay safe and healthy and them riding a motorbike, moped or other, does not sit comfortably with me at all. Double standards with me loving and riding motorcycles I know, but I now understand how my old man must have felt when his long haired spotty faced son full of teenage attitude announced " I neeeeeed a Suzuki AP50 Dad, a blue one, like this (whilst waving a picture of one under his nose) and I want you to lend me the money to buy one". I consider myself lucky my eldest has shown no interest in motorcycles, in fact he actively tries to convince me to stop riding mine. The youngest is a different story altogether, he loves them and wanted a moped but my ex wife put her foot down with a firm and final No. She has also forbidden him to go on the back of mine. His is now 17 and taking his car driving test anytime soon, on the promise made when he was 16 that if he didn’t have a moped she would buy him his first car. Just like she did for the oldest one. So the dread of me having to worry about him riding a motorcycle has not reared its ugly head as yet but from conversations we have had it will come at some point in the future and I have to say I am not looking forward to it at all. Like I said before double standards I know.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Is that your short answer David ;)

5. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Yes

6. phantom

phantom Active Member

so its a quadcycle...so they have to do a cbt before they get on the road or
    because it isnt two wheels do they side step that rule?

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

seen that car at the NEC show.

8. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

I saw these things at the NEC as well. I think you would be safer on a moped wearing an egg box for protection, they are absolute shyte.

9. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

God help us all!