Speeding biker father jailed (video)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

BBC NEWS | UK | Speeding biker father jailed

Jail time for 122mph!!

I might never use 3rd, 4th and 5th gear again!!

But speeding kills you know :angry:

I know of a woman who broke the back of a young girl while the old lady was on her mobile.

Said girl had huge scares the the woman was banned for a year and had a 6 month suspended sentence.

But killing no one and speeding is worse??????

But having pillion makes it a bit more difficult.

Saying that my grandfather took me in his car to my first "Ton" when I asked back in early 80's. Ok in a car but did me no harm

#1 Remal, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Brym

Brym Active Member

They are basically making a big issue of it as a deterent. They have hyped it up alot. But saying that I would not take anyone out without gloves on, its not a legal requirement but it did not help his case. Jail sentence is over the top for a speeding offence where nothing went wrong, speeding ticket fine/ban etc take it on the chin but jail

whats with the jonas brothers link??

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

lol jonas brother was from another posted link on here and must have fecked it up. Also seems old news but still worth bringing up

4. masher66

masher66 Active Member

The system is totally screwed up !

5. fisher

fisher Active Member

There was loads of Old bill around Brecon way last Sunday,they were also using an unmarked Volvo T5, the Helicopter was out around Abergavenny as well, its making me feel very paranoid.

6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Burgandy volvo ?

7. fisher

fisher Active Member

No this one was Grey mate, Terrry [story arms] informed us about them

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

This story caused a big noise when it broke down here, even the police I spoke to considered it a ridiculous result. I now the road well and it's always had a bad juju. Nobody wanted it to start with, when it finally got built, it wasn't dual carriageway, despite being in the middle of nowhere where the impact of one would be minimal. Consequently when it's busy it's almost as slow as the road it replaced. So everybody gets frustrated and angry and take stupid risks and people get hurt. Because of this it has a tendency to be very well policed for it's length. And then, if you get caught doing wrong, you'll be made an example of.

I had to drive it up and back on Monday morning in fog and rain. It was full of caravans and lorries, rightly, taking it easy for the conditions, but trailing long lines of rep-mobiles behind them who were diving around the obstructions at every opportunity, crossing double whites and staying out for way too long. The road just attracts trouble. It makes me paranoid just using it.

Robert Bennett was definitely in the wrong, but I wonder if he'd got done on a different road whether the outcome would have been the same.

9. abv

abv Active Member

The headline "biker jailed for 122 mph" doesn't tell the full story though does it.

He was carrying his son who had no choice about the risks his father was taking.
    His son wasn't even wearing proper protection. What would a 120 mph off do to his hands as he wasn't wearing gloves.
    It was pissing with rain and he was approaching a bend doing double the speed limit.

The bloke was well out of order and deserved what he got.

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

All true and valid.

Let's just hope that the boy wasn't further endangered by, for example, the mortgage not being paid on the house or provision not being placed on the table, while his old man was banged up.

11. abv

abv Active Member

I'm sure his son did suffer as a result of his fathers actions and I'm not in favour of jail sentences for speeding per se (I'd be pretty hypocritical if I was;)).

I just think in this case his riding was that dangerous the jail sentence didn't make me think "that's f**king outrageous". He would have been out in 12 weeks.

This case is different

Biker jailed after breaking speed record on Scottish road - Edinburgh Evening News

Straight road in the countryside, solo rider, good weather.

A slap on the wrist and a bit of talking to would have sufficed !

12. JM1

JM1 Active Member

abv - "Think of the children"...Is that what you're saying?

kpone hit the nail one the head with his last comment.

I'm not going to get into a proper rant here, but this offense should not result in jail time.

13. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

Yeah terrific, family morale destroyed, possibly homeless, job lost, but then he must have deserved it because he was a motorcyclist, albeit a working one.

Meanwhile chav scum up and down the country rob, beat and peddle untouched because it's just not worth the hassle, oh yes, and there's no money in it.

YaKunz!