Speeding? What did you get as punishment.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SIDEWAYS, Oct 8, 2013.

1. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Just finished my SC59 (1 year) for speeding.At the time last September the police could not determine what speed I was doing.They were doing in excess of 100 mph trying to catch up.
    Aaron a mate has just told me he did 102mph on the m20 with an unmarked car following.He got £80 fine and a ban for 14 days with no points.His dad wasn't well so he used that as an excuse.Lucky bleeder!!
    What have you done and what did you get for speeding.

2. jimmy

jimmy Member

when I was 22 ( long time ago now ) I got a five year ban, £1000 fine.. and 24 endorsements....lucky to escape jail

My offences were, jumping red lights, riding on the pavement, going past cop cars on one wheel, no insurance, no mot, no road tax, dangerous driving and countless speeding offences... all over a period of two years... took them that long to catch up with me. Every time I was stopped and given a producer I would change the bike.. bikes were... CBX 1000.. KH 500, GT 550, RD 350, XJ 650, CB 900f, RD 200,
    Finally caught up with me with a road block in Norbury, chased from East London to south London... got a kicking from the old bill and court the next day... Deep joy
    My excuse... young and very stupid ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

A few years ago, in the car, I was done on the M6 in Cumbria doing 96mph.
    £200 fine and 4 points.
    My one and only offence since I passed my car test in 1988.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

No speeding fine touch wood in 20 years of driving and 7 years of riding.

And I like to make progress so not a Sunday driver

5. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Lucky there mate, right on the line between points and a day infront of the magistrate!

6. Yorkshire Tyke

So basically when you were my age you were a dick. :D Should have gone on track with cop evasion skills like that mate, you'd be tusslin with lowes and shakey by now!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

£60 for naughty boy don't do it again course after being done for 36 in a 30, but that was about 10 years ago.

8. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

You sounded like me in my teens!

9. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

And like mine too, just don't tell my youngest son, who is a chip off the old block. My Mum tells me he is my fathers revenge.

10. phantom

phantom Active Member

many years ago, 53 in a 30, sign was hidden but they still booked me £60 3 points
    wheelie and stoppie outside a police station(yes I as trolling) £30 no points by an unmarked corsa
    3/4 mile wheelie with passenger £200 3 points and a total of over £300 in solicitor fees for the five
    court cases.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Many years ago I was out in the middle of nowhere at 7.30 am on a wet Sunday morning doing a little more than is prudent considering the wet roads ... anyway as I approached a 30 I shut the throttle and thought there can't be any cops about so didn't actually brake
    How wrong can you be ....... :•/
    59 in a 30 got me 3 points and £60 fine
    Lucky or wot ... Figured I would be up before the beak

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Had a clean licence since 18 me sen, 47 next birthday! :cool:

However................................................................................

When I was 17 I was riding a RD250LC through Town and a female driver was bumbling along at 18-20mph obviously looking for an address.
    She's pulls over to the kerb and slows so I carry on for the overtake as such.
    Next minute she's going a U turn and me and the LC are in deep shyte! :eek:
    I goes over the bonnet and the LC parks up in the Cars wing.
    She jumps out and admits full responsibility corroborated by witnesses so all's good being as all I had was a broken finger nail and bruising.

Trouble was the Rozzers rocked up and I had a few discrepencies shall we say! :rolleyes:

No Licence (not passed me Test)
    No MOT
    No Insurance
    I'd altered a couple of numbers and a letter on my Plate (To throw em off like) ;)
    Giving a Police Officer a false name and Addy etc etc

Local Plod caught up with me a few days later and had me in Court ASAP

Banned for 3 months, 6 Points and £350 fine, which back in 1984 was BIG DOLLARS! :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Over a decade ago... got caught by the same speed camera, at roughly the same time of day, at roughly the same speed, 3 days in a row. 42 in a 30, 42 in a 30 and 41 in a 30... £60 & 3 points for each offence.

It was a road that a few years previous I used to commute down... how was I supposed to know that in the intervening years the speed limit had been dropped from 40 to 30 :rolleyes: (apart from the hundreds of sparkly new speed limit signs that my brain decided to repeatedly ignore...)

• Like Like x 2
  14. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

122mph over denbigh moors ( north wales) £330 fine 42 day ban !!........................hence becoming a trackday whore :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yorkshire Tyke

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0CmfZNeWM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJl0CmfZNeWM[/video]

16. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

When 18 got done dangerous driving 124 mph in a cosworth which got reduced to careless as crown court judge wasn't given the evidence on the day also cops said it was dry but it was lashing down so my barrister said impossible to stay on dual carriage way with Islands at that speed lol .

Only bike one really riding over Pyrenees came to a nice sweeping left me and mate big knee down cracking corner just the other side 2 police jeeps stopped us thought oh bollocks . He asked us to turn around to do it again to get some pics . Done it again little toot of horn and off we went ha ha

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

I did send a pleading letter mind you.
    Was an Astra SXi I was driving as well.

No penalties or points on the bike.
    Can't be trying hard enough. lol.

18. jimmy

jimmy Member

yep, a complete dick.... even after all these years its very difficult to loose that loony side.... only been chased twice in the last five years,, the buzz is very addictive, assuming you get away with it of course...

19. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

In the car I undertook an unmarked car and 5 others, unmarked car gave chase and caught me up. I was doing just a hair under 100. Got let off with a talking to :eek:

On the bike I was doing 70 on a stretch of urban dual carriageway that's got a 50 limit. I did a bit of lane swapping overtaking and then left the dual carriageway via the slip road. Which has traffic lights at the end of it. Next thing I saw a white X5 approaching with it's lights going. Gestured at me to pull the f*ck over once the lights turned green. I did as I was told. Helmet off. Looked sheepish. Got let off with a talking to :D

20. ninja

ninja Active Member

Got caught down in the French Alps last year.

I was (allegedly) radared at 160kmh rectified to 152kmh (93 mph) in a 90kph national speed limit road in the middle of nowhere.

€750 fine, banned for 6 months and bike impounded.

I win.......