Spray Painting Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Lock, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Lock

Lock Active Member

Has anyone spray painted (with high temp paint) any parts of exhaust? Where my Ti link pipe joins rest of standard exhaust it looks stained and tatty (not rusty) - so was considering spraying section I could see with high temp exhaust paint. Would look good if nice finish, but if not durable or unsightly there is no point. Much cheaper then buying a set of Ti headers!

2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I've used Simoniz high temp black before and was happy with how it went on. No primer required. You need to follow the instructions and bake it on afterwards otherwise it will rub off.

3. Iain

Iain Active Member

Why not clean it up with Harpic Power Plus 10X first - should make it look new again? Then decide if you really want to paint it?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lock

Lock Active Member

Is just the metal colour difference between Ti and stock cat section, was just looking to blend in more (tart I know!). Harpic is very good at cleaning rusty pipes, might give it another go and buff up to a good shine. Was just thinking of there was a good high temp Ti colour spray it might look even better