Springfields Bike Show in Spalding

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Freedom of choice, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Anyone been before, is it any good. Anyone going.

Home

2. masterblader

masterblader Active Member

Went there 15 years ago nothing to rave about more market than show am sure it would have improved with age.

3. Freedom of choice

The show

Mrs Freedom and I paid a visit today, not up to much, three small halls selling mostly tat. Only Kawasaki and Victory had a good selection of bikes on display. The Ducati stand was pitiful, no bigger than my loo and no Panigale ! I asked the salesman if he could send me some information, he had horrible BO so I beat a hasty retreat. Marshall Honda had a small but nice stand with the new blade taking centre place (me likey lotey but don’t think I will trade up from my 2011 anytime soon) and a couple of other bike plus large selection of leathers etc. I love the new dash on the blade though. The guy on the stand told me he thinks the new rear end plastics section is interchangeable with the 2008/11 model as the sub frame is the same although any R&G tail tidy would need changing. I was not very confident in what he was saying though as he got a lot of other details wrong, just from reading the press I knew more about it than him! It was also nice to see a mint1978 Honda 400/4 in the retro section which was the same as one I once owned many moons ago, the owner also had the same issue that I had with mine which is the fuel tank corroded on the along the bottom seams.

Other than that, it was a total waste of time and money so much so that Mrs Freedom bailed out and visited the shopping centre instead.

On reflection, I wish we had done a no show!

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I posted on a local forum that I would have to be bored out of my head to go to Springfields again, anyway, bored we were so my wife and I took a drive over. Its not the best to be fare and at £6 each its overpriced? If I had known a couple of you guys were going we could have met for a pint?

The wide wheels on my car were sliding all over the car park and I now have mud all over my wheels and under my wheel arch's? We ended up in Costa for a brew and home.

It was a little better than last year but I would not recommend it to anyone other than those interested in local clubs and stall full of second rate tat, perhaps I'm a little harsh?

5. Freedom of choice

Spot on Carl, Would have been good to say Hi. I also went to Costa at 15:00 to meet up with Mrs Freedom, we then had a meal at F&B's. The pizza was the high light of the day !