Standard can back on?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Jamz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Looking for a bit of advice really...

I've noticed a couple of times after finally doing some long motorway runs how much my blade vibrates..

Now even though Sue might like it I don't :) but I don't have anything else to gauge it by as I'm pretty sure it's the BOSS can I have without a PC.

Sometimes it's hunting on tickover too, the person I got the bike from said he wished he looked at other cans due to it feeling a bit rough but isn't that expected when coming from Stock?

It goes ok but like I said I have nothing to go by nor anything to compare it too, I can't remember how the R1 with Yoshis was as opposed to having aftermarket from stock compares

I'm considering putting the standard can back on to gauge but I love the sound of the aftermarket can.

I'm not of an engineering mind nor do I have spare cash for anything either..

What do you think?

---
    - Aka: Carl

2. Givover

Givover God Like

I have the Yoshi r77 on mine and the fueling feels out (say not exact) but i kinda like it because it feels (i Think) like a proper race bike sounds and feels.

3. fisher

fisher Active Member

The majority of aftermarket cans will alter the fueling, mostly they run rich, you'll either need to get a power commander or go back to stock exhaust mate

4. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

I have a BOS can on my 05 blade it seems to run spot on and I don't have pc fitted, it flies, I noticed straight after fitting that the engine felt stronger in the mid range, not much difference elsewhere but sounds better

5. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Like i said it may be me but i havent got anything to go by...Its not that much of a problem but i wouldnt mind finding out just how 'smooth' they were from factory..

May have to book a test ride lol

6. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

Jamz

It's probably the bike rather than the can.
    I also find that my blade suffers from vibration, a characteristic of the bike.
    My right wrist has been suffering recently, initially thought it was due to motocrossing and a motocross accident I had 2 months ago. However when Im motocrossing my wrist doest hurt. However when I ride the blade my wrist seems to hurt. May be caused by wheeling the bike on a regular basis!!!
    I don't think that fitting the original exhaust will cure the vibration problem!!!
    Cheers
    Rich

7. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Cheers mate...I like the sound too much to :)

I'd like to eventually get something else on it with a PC but its just the lack of funds right now..

Thanks for the replys lads