Standard dunlops

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by tonyblade, Aug 29, 2011.

1. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Being using bridgestones on my rrw for over 9yrs and no complaints really, got the new hrc couple of months ago and am exploring the limits a bit now and gotta say I don't like these dunloPs the bike come with. On 3 occasions now whilst getting it over it feels like they are slipping and I don't like it! Think I'll be putting 016 pros on when these are finished.

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

They are awful I have had the same issues as you, mainly from the front of the bike, which made me lose all confidence in the tyres.

I have now fitted Metzler interact k3's with a 55 rear profile and they are amazing, I have had the original bt016's and I could not fault them really, but the tyre I am going to try next is the Dunlop sportsmarts which by all accounts are excellent.

Change them ASAP if you need to or not you will not regret it

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

was a bridgestone man for years then tried 2CT's and found them much better but since tried the dulops Sportsmart and love them

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I had qualifiers on the blade and on the 600 new and both where sliding all over the place. Rubbish in the wet and not great in the dry either lol.

Biggest complaint for me was dipping the clutch and no matter how hot they where they would spin up. Dodgy as hell..

Same as remal i ran 2CT's for the 4 years i had the 600 and they where great but I'm now on my first set os Sportsmarts and they have loads of feel over the 2CT's and at 1200 miles they are hardly warn down..

The standard Dunlop Qualifiers where illegal at 1100 miles .. Bald as my Father

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

your father shaves his Bits [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Thanks a lot fir your replys lads, that's reassuring to know I'm not the o ly one having these issues, first time it happened I'd thrown it over on a roundabout and nearly sh-t myself cos i felt both tyres slip! Thought my new ride was down the road on that one!! Bloody woke me up that I can tell you. I'll look into these sportsmarts and metzelers.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Christ only ever had the rear slip which was brown pant time. both slipping is either unlucky or very unlucky

8. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Iv had a few 2 wheel drifts on wet shiney stuff. Even with a motocross background it gives me a fright