Still no Broadband or 3G

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

It been over a week now and still we have no broadband or 3G at home after the huge storm. I know I live in the third world but it’s more like the dark ages with no connection to the internet. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I take it you've had to have a special trip out then to post this! :p

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

was going to ask the same. but agree you would have thought it would be back on quite quick

Still some places in the past have been without leccy or water in storms for longer

4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

What huge storm? Have I missed something?

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

just had thunder and lightning about 5 mins ago in Bristol.

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I have to ride back to Yeovil in this !!

7. Freedom of choice

No, I had a meeting in London anyway today. Let’s hope the new BT hub has arrived when we get home. The hub I get, it must have been cooked when the lightening hit a tree just over the road at the stables, but the 3G is a concern as I am not sure how that can have been affected. It’s not our phones that are stuffed as we have 3G in London. The power and telephone lines where restored the next day.

8. Freedom of choice

Still no broadband, BT forgot to order the new hub........... And, I am now piling on the weight having to call in at McDonalds all the time to get connected.
    Maybe tomorrow the postman will bring the new link to civilisation.
    I going to want compensation for loss of connection for two weeks, money spent on burgers and a month’s gym membership.

9. Freedom of choice

New BT hub arrived Friday morning, guess what, still no broad band due to a "serous fault" due to be fixed today apparently. That's now been two weeks living in the Stone Age. Oh and 3G is still eluding us but on the upside L and I have had some interesting conversations and I am thanking my lucky stars that I had that vasectomy.

10. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

That's one way to burn off the McDonalds!

11. Freedom of choice

Way hay...........we got broad band.....we got broad band...... 15 flipping days it’s taken BT to sort it out, not only am I going to be seeking compo for the down time, I am going to be asking for a consultation fee for teaching the Indian call centre staff a few choice English words. I estimate I have spent about 12 hours on the phone to them going over and over the same thing and them still not understanding half of what I said to them. I am not racist in any way shape or form, but, I can’t help thinking it might have got resolved much quicker had I been able to talk to someone who understands our language and can act without referring to a text book. But I have to give them 10/10 for remaining polite and calm despite putting up with my sarcasm; after all it’s not their fault the UK engineers didn’t fix it in a timelier manner.