Stone thru nose !

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by masher66, May 23, 2011.

1. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Had to get a new nose for her, damn stone punched a near perfect 4mm hole between the headlights and left a nice big crack...
    So getting the replacement nose was easy - fairings and old nose off ! What a complete faff on, whoever designed the fairings with all of those daft hidden fasteners an bits of Velcro needs a good slap around the head...I was contemplating my own intermediate oil and filter changes but I'm not going to bother, they built a dealer money minting machine !!
    Thanks Honda, great bike but not built for ease of maintenance !!

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

What year bike do you have ? I know a few boys that have had that happen to theyre 07's. Maybe there is a weak spot between the head lights

3. masher66

masher66 Active Member

It's new on an 11 plate...I've noticed that the fairings are wafer thin and the tabs etc are woefully fragile, tbh I'd rather have a couple more kilos of plastic and thicker more robust fairings !

4. dan.1moore1

MMMM Glad i fitted the number boards then.. Its gonna happen at some point thou, Iv had a stone flick up and crack my screen before. I try not to get to close behind people now incase a stone hits my Arai ( id cry lol )

5. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Yeah I came up behind a truck and just as I was going past I got showered, hit my knee, visor and fairings doh...

6. dan.1moore1

Armor plated flies have put small chips in my fairings to lol...The bike is only 6 weeks old so im gutted. Could you post a pic of the venture shields ? Im thinking about getting a set for my sides

7. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Hmmm I'll have a go tomorrow night, tbh the only pics I've posted have been to the sites Facebook page lol

8. dan.1moore1

Cool no worries mate