Strada 7 Levers - Problem solved

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by neilfb, Jun 15, 2016.

1. neilfb

neilfb New Member

I've just fitted a pair of these levers, ebay item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281909333363

I'm a bit concerned that the brake lever is causing the front brake to drag, very noticeable when trying to move the bike in the garage. Has this been a problem for anyone else and, if so, how did you cure it? Changing the adjuster doesn't make any difference.

2. SpeedoX

SpeedoX Active Member

I very much doubt that a properly adjusted lever would on its own create a pressure in the master cylinder causing the brakes to drag.

3. Nickw

Nickw Active Member

I'm far from being a home mechanic, but is the switch located into the right position on the lever.

If you operate the lever can you hear the switch clicking in and out. If not I'd have a guess that the locator isn't in the right place.

There's probably proper words and names for these parts but hopefully you'll get what I mean...

4. neilfb

neilfb New Member

Thanks, Nickw, but the switch is functioning properly and clicking with a bit of lever pressure.

5. neilfb

neilfb New Member

Just had this reply from the seller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New message from: misano-moto-import-uk [​IMG](7,266[​IMG])
    Hi Neil. I'm pretty certain I know what the issue is. When fitting the brake lever the plunger that fits into the lever head itself should go into a brass collar(brass collar is facing road, looking down). The plunger should be carefully inserted into the holed drilled into the brass collar, although if installed incorrectly the plunger will not be fitted into the hole. Sometimes you will have to swivel the brass collar around until you see the hole, then install the plunger into this part and all should be ok braking wise. Please let me know if any difficulties or pictures needed to explain better.

Thanks
    Dan

As I didn't notice a hole, that is where the problem lies! Back on to it in the morning.

6. Nickw

Nickw Active Member

Well that's the limit of my technological ability. It was just a possible option.

I'll go have a lie down now....;)

Good luck, and hopefully someone with more technical know how than me (so, that'll be everyone) can help you get sorted.

7. neilfb

neilfb New Member

All sorted out in 5 minutes. Lovely levers and great value compared to ASVs