Struck dumb! I am sure we have all been there.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

So after yesterday's extremely pissy evening with a client I caught the train back out of London, L offered to pick me up from the station, I didn’t fall asleep and managed to get off at the correct stop, so all good you might think.

Wrong……whilst stood outside the station in the cold and the rain the inevitable high velocity .50 alcohol round hit my frontal lobe and I lost the power of cohesive speech making two way communication in the car with L impossible, I could hear everything but just couldn’t get the right words in the right order to reply. Luckly she has a good sense of humour so no bollocking this morning.

Trouble is I have got to do it all over again this evening at an industry black tie function in the West Midlands. I need this like the theoretical hole in my head.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha yep been there! In the warm you could talk for England one whiff of cold air and the ability to speak has been taken away, hair of the dog and you might be alright tonight.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I was, if I say so myself, the epitome of wit and repartee at our friends house last Saturday. I was compos enough to sort an AV issue they were experiencing, I discoursed fluently with them on their recent trip to the states and even declined, politely the fourth bottle of Merlot to be opened as I even felt in control enough to know that I'd had sufficient imbibment for the evening.

After much air kissing and hugs though I was completely wankered by their pitch black, one in four sloped drive. I set off like Stephen Hawking with an attack of cramp.

• Like Like x 3