Sunday 26th August South ride out. H-Cafe, Loomies, Poole, Swindon.

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by IcarusGreen, Jul 30, 2012.

1. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

After the success of the last southern ride out in the rain Yesterday it's time to look forward to the next Southern ride out and meet.

I've already posted the proposed route in the http://1000rr.co.uk/events-meetings-ride-outs/5541-12.htm thread.

The plan is to go a little more towards the south west but still hit Loomies so the south east boys can meet up.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...SDEtSWk4MC34bw&dirflg=ht&mra=ls&via=2&t=m&z=9

The aim is to start at the H-cafe a 0800, hit Loomies for before 1000 to meet the guys from the east and then head to Poole for a brew & lunch before heading north to Swindon for a brew at Blade Honda and then pushing back to the H-cafe to round off.

The route might vary slightly but H-cafe, Loomies, Poole & Swindon will be the points we'll definitely hit.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Good effort mate, I'll check my diary, if I'm free I'll def do the loomies to Poole and head back home after lunch, any south east lot who want to join me we can do boxhill to loomies to meet the fellas...?

Where they can show us their roads to Poole.

3. y2blade

y2blade Member

Sounds good, and I really need to get my act together and meet you lot.
    I'm in :cool:

4. Caz

Caz Active Member

That route goes past the end of my road nearly.. I'll check nearer the time and see if I can make it.. shouldnt need to set an alarm given that you'll be down here later :rolleyes:

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Depending on the route you go my house is basically on route so I can either tag on there or meet at loomies
    Or if your running ahead of time I can even get the misses to put the kettle on :)
    I'm in 'old basing' where I dropped the purple pin
    [​IMG]

6. barry107

barry107 Active Member

Jimbo, as long as i'm not ragging the recruits across the training area that weekend, Sorry, I meant to say "taking them for their loaded march" ;)
    I'm up for it :)

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

wife and weather dependent this sounds like a plan

8. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Where are you located? as i may tag along.

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Second occupation mate?

checked my diary this morning and its clear (well i had pencilled in a meet with Vino but he loves an epic day and will be fresh off holiday so might kill two birds with one stone) - i need to check my main diary that is the mrs (and Dave V that i havent double booked as usual) but think i'm all good!!

if so - i'll meet you guys at loomies, do the poole route then up to Devizes then back to loomies and home the way i came.

happy to meet guys at Oakdene and Boxhill if anyone want to head down together... details TBC but draft route.

Wrotham, Kent, UK to Wrotham, Kent, UK - Google Maps

10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey there is too much checking with the wives here!
    Come on guys you don't ask the wife you tell her!
    I would check with mine but she don't care anymore she's fed up with me as I have be sat at home for last 3 months, I mentioned that I may go depending on my leg and the weather and she was very keen for me to go even if we were having a storm and my leg falls off.
    Feel the love!

11. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

she dont care when i go out mate - i just have a habit of saying yes to everything then realising i should be on the holiday that I’ve booked, a family wedding i've forgot, and helping my bro move etc etc etc not to mention the ride out i have just committed too! lol

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol I'm the same

13. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I'll come up with a estimated time line tomorrow as I'm out on the pop tonight to welcome in my new boss!

14. y2blade

y2blade Member

Same with me.

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Between Bristol and Bath mate

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

also thinking for some in deep South west maybe a meet in Poole. I could ride down and meet up with people on the way. then back up the Swindon etc....

Only thing We would need to sort out is where to meet at Poole and what time? Don't want to meet up with loads of random bikers and not find everyone from the forum

from the initial plan from the first post, maybe people meeting at Poole from around 12 noon? or too early?

Next thing is the a easy place for people to meet up at Poole. I don't know the area well

Any good for people?

17. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Most people know Poole quey and it's very well signposted so that could be an option, I will be the one on the fireblade :)

18. y2blade

y2blade Member

Can you imagine how funny that would be?
    ;)

19. y2blade

y2blade Member

Poole quay..at the Lord Nelson (pub) end by the mini-roundabout...easy to find and signposted all the way in :)

Click..any good?
    Google Maps

20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I was thinking of that Chris ;)