Suspension setup for my agile 16st frame!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Fireman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere that would tell me the answer to my question but that would mean having to spend valuable minutes of my life looking; minutes that I will never get back!!! I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in the northwest who could help me set up my bike for my weight? I have bought a '10 plate blade and obviously don't know the previous owner, so not sure how the bike is setup. Any advise would be hugely appreciated, even if it is to tell me to looses a few pounds!!!!! Although I have lost 2 st. That's what riding a BMW GSA for 3 years does to you!

Lee. :D

2. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

You'll need the front and rear re springing for your weight fella im having mine done,

It's costing me about £400 per bike roll in roll out service, Ktec springs and oil change full service on the forks.

Standard bikes out the factory are set up fir a 9-10st rider and the springs will adjust to accommodate up to a 13ish stone rider I believe.

Arthur or some other bike genius will be on to be more specific!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

Cheers for that mate, hopefully someone here will be able to point me in the right direction as where near me can set it up for me.

Lee.

4. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Plenty of great folk to do it.

100% Suspension
    Ktec
    Mick Grant
    PCR Developments

Personally id take your bits to ktec, get a piston kit, weight matched front springs with decent fork oil (oe stuff is gash) And have the rear resprung & regassed, they will also set it up for your weight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

Cheers Craig, next question is, where abiuts are Ktec located?

Lee.

6. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Moira, Derbyshire.

Best bet is to send your bits in and get em sent back to you, saves on cost.