T F I Friday !!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jimbo Vills, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yep - it's Friday.... i've had a week of death, talking stand up rows with my MD, had to give my team a hard time and realisation they need to sharpen up their act or fail, i've upset my client due to the in house politics i have to deal (you wouldn’t believe it if i told you), not to mention getting untold 3 inch thick contracts together to make sure it’s not me holding up progress on the project (a joke considering every other c()nt is late forcing the rush) i've barely been home before 9pm and been going straight to bed for a 5.45am rise....im sh*gged....

Been totally off the radar to the point Dave V thought i must have eloped with some hot young bird - if only....

anyway, its friday, i'm at work in jeans, got the radio blaring and im cracking on till 3pm where i will rapidly exit the building for a few pints with a pal of mine to watch the posh ladies of chelsea roll by....

who cares, whoever / whatever they want, it can wait till next week!!!

Happy Friday everyone….

• Like Like x 8
  2. y2blade

y2blade Member

Well said Jimbo.

I finish work at 13:00 on Fridays, I'm full of the Friday feeling right now :D
    Have to Clean the Blade this afternoon after getting caught in the rain after MOT on Weds, the local roads were like a speedway oval.
    Hopefully squeeze a run out on her over the weekend..see what the weather is doing.

Stay frosty you lot

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

only had 2 days in work this week due to tonsillitis so not been a great week for me.

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I finish my job today :) then a week off until I start my new one all is good ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Jamie that will be in Filton right?

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

enjoy your week off as well as the weekend then dude! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

That's the one Matt :) oh and hope you feel better soon !

And Jimbo I will enjoy the weekend more ;) .... I hope !

• Like Like x 2
  8. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

My working week is just about to begin, 7 evening shifts in a row, not all bad though, I save money on beer and ive got 14 days off afterwards.
    Enjoy your weekend you normal people ;)

9. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I have been off for last 2 weeks and haven't even managed to get out on the bike. Sign of the times me thinks

Was hoping to pack the kids off this weekend so I could go to WSB but that isn't happening either.....doh

10. y2blade

y2blade Member

Tell me about it...My girls last MOT was 11480iirc...this one was 12 something!!!!!!

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm at the end of a week off. One in which I was supposed to get my own way and do sod all as Jeanette has already forced me to go away twice this year. During the build up, however, the moping and potential sulk about 'not doing anything specialfor my birthday' began to rear its ugly head so I preempted it with an emmergency hotel booking, two nights away, one day driving doodad. A sacrifice of 'my' time, but worth it for the quiet life. The deal was, 'when we get back, leave me the fcuk alone'. We get back on wednesday and immediately there is an arrangement made for lunch on Thursday with the outlaws. Red mist begins to creep into peripheral vision. On return from that bundle of fun, it's ' the clerk of the parish council wants these signs put up over the old ones in the meadow on the marsh'. A quick look over my shoulder to see if there's somebody behind me that she's talking to before the cold realisation dawns. So after a 'dry' lunch (I got the thrill of driving them to the pub too), I spent the rest of the afternoon, loaded down with Welles, drill, pop riveter and spirit level, trudging through a swamp full of stinging nettles,wondering how people are ever going to read the bloody things anyway.

This morning it was 'what would you like to do today, but remember we need to go shopping at some point'.

'do whatever you like dear, cos I'm going out on the fcuking bike'.

So off to my mate, who picked up his first proper bike yesterday and we're off...

...at a maximum indicated speed of 54 mph while he 'got to know' his new baby. Poor old Bill kept looking over his shoulder at me like one of those over eager, terminally panting dogs on a choker chain while I struggled to find a gear that was neither too low nor too high for the progress we were making.

Mind you, there's some lovely scenery around here. Funny I seemed to notice it more today.

Home now and into the Bombay and tonics, in the beer chair, just in case anything else for me to spend my time off gets suggested.

So yes, a happy Friday to you all. I'm off to the 'Wine O' Clock' thread, hope to see you all there soon. The first round's mine.

XXXX

Ken.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm having a great friday!

My charges are all on holiday, so no one to babysit and no ones crap to clear up but my own... started the day with an ENORMOUS fry up, eaten at my desk coz there is no one to pi$$ off. Laptop working its way through my music collection on random, helping me rock on through the workload... although switching from Elvis, to Rage Against The Machine, to Stones, to Rainbow (WTF!!!) is making keeping pace a little tricky :D

The most pleasant working day I have had in a long, long while...... see you at the bar!

13. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Yes !!!! its Friday and i also have a week off and im going to do FCUK ALL......im bloody knackerd.:D

14. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Afternoon all,

I've just finished my working month (yes MONTH) with a friday afternoon 5 mile 'fun run'! I've just had a shower to wash away the mud and now I'm off for a afternoon blast up to Swindon to see a mate before shooting back towards the H-cafe and home.

Did I mention I've got 3 fully paid weeks off work [​IMG]

15. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

very nice! what you do again mate?

16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Haven't been to work for 3 months lol

17. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

just worked 11 straight 12 hours shifts. drove home earlier, dumped bag ,stuck a washing in and headed out on the blade:D. not many bargains in glasgow hein gericke. just opened a bottle of chianti. weather shit tomorrow but its a footy day. weekend will fly in and it,ll be back to the grind soon enough. still 53 days till my holiday:(. weather driving everyone mad!!! all my workmates are as grumpy as me:)

18. y2blade

y2blade Member

Initial plan was to wash the Blade this afternoon .....fuck it, took her out and spanked her arse for 150miles :D

She loved it, filthy bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  19. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Ha ha quality........where did you take here B4494 to Wantage?

20. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Army

I went through Wantage this evening on my way back home from Swindon.