Tail Pack

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by garyauk, Feb 23, 2011.

1. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi,
    I just thought I would express my views on the official Honda tail pack (part No 08L56 MFL 800B)

I had this delivered today as I'm touring down to the south of France in the summer, and I have to say that I am vert disappointed in it :angry:

It seems very flimsy and not the usual Honda Quality. The true test will obviously come when I fill it up (which won't be hard as it is only 19litres) and mount it to the bike.

Has anybody on here already got this tail pack, and what do you think of it?......................thats it, rant over :yes4:

2. James2011

James2011 Active Member

Hi mate, thats disappointing. I was also looking at this pack and normally the Honda stuff is top notch. Have you thought about returning it and going for a Kreiga or Bagster? These are the dogs.

Here's the bagster:

[​IMG]

3. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi James,

That bag looks alot better, but do you need the rear hangers on the bike to mount it? I have taken my hangers off

4. James2011

James2011 Active Member

Hi mate,

As far as I know you only need the fittings under the seat. I dont own it but am looking into buying one and thought it was quite neat.

[​IMG]

5. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I think I might take your advise and back the Honda tail pack, do you know the cost of this one and where to buy it from?

6. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Don't fight it, Gaz! Buy a Kriega. Get the fitting kit that the new us30 uses and get a cheeky little us20 or us30 mounted athwartships (get me!) and Bob's your uncle.

7. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

This is goint to sound like a real stupid question but...
    do you think a 15" macbook pro will fit in any of these tail packs?
    I miss taking it to work for lunch breaks but my rucksack was playing havok with my back and my old oxford tail pack is just to small.
    Cheers

8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

My macbook pro fits in my Kriega 20 and I did about 300 miles with it on the back on Friday and it didn't budge an inch or let a drop of water in when I got caught in the rain. (bearing in mind that its a second hand one that i bought off ebay and has clearly seen some milage)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Another vote for Kriega.... i only have the US-10 which i use to transport my lunch and associated drink and chocolate bar to work every day, but it is excellent and even looks good on the bike !!! To be honest i can not see Honda or any other manufacture building better gear than kriega, lets face it Honda (and others) main focus is building bikes and accessories that go on them.... not tail packs..... or any other bike gear that we all like and need.

10. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

I'd be a little mistrustful of anything Icarus says, Zipster. He's too busy checking out his reflection in shopfronts and worrying whether his leathers/helmet/boots combination is really working for him to worry about the computer.:)

Krieganauts of the world...UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 lambeth longshanks, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bart

Bart Active Member

Have just done over 2000 miles with a standard Oxford tail pack and it was fine, must admit it looks a bit precaroius but did not move at all. I used a couple of lightweight drybags inside and nothing got wet, including a netbook.

[​IMG]

For my next trip I may look at the Bagsconnection like these

Tailbag Racepack ®. 1680 Ballistic Nylon. Black. 50 L - 65 L. - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

There are a few makes on the market and they seem to sit well on the bike and keep the weight a bit lower too

12. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

You forgot to include bike & gloves, I think I've got it right bold1.gif

13. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Kriega, the only way to travel,

[​IMG]

14. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Oh - and Kriega are a british company!

15. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Another Kriega fan here. Used to commute from Bristol to Lincoln every week and it never let me down. Have 2 x 10l and 1 x20l, and always managed to fit everything in there and still have it dry and secure at the other end.

As I have nowhere to anchor the bags on my blade I bought the Tank Adapter and now have a 10 or 20l bag whenever I need one.

16. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Trip to Scotland earlier in the year. I also use an R25 every day,

[​IMG]