Talan Documentary

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Apr 5, 2016.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Many of you know of my connection with Talan Motorsport.

Well, for anyone interested, the trailer of the documentary which has been filmed over the past 2 years has just been released

Can't wait to see the whole film. I feel very proud of my connection with the guys.

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Looking forward to watching that

3. racman

racman Active Member

that looks like a brilliant watch. when do you expect the full documentary to be out?

4. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I don't know. From what I gather, there are a few TV companies that want to buy it/broadcast it.

Their is full premier being held in a few weeks, so maybe we will know by then

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Wow made me feel in awe of the team , inspiring , courage, commitment .,

6. T.C

T.C Elite Member

For those of you who are none the wiser, Talan is paralysed from the chest down and probably has about 30% lung capacity.

Steve is paralysed from the waist down but his head was rebuilt using sheet metal as it was so badly crushed and they had to work from photographs pre -accident just so that they had an idea of head shape and what he looked like. To look at him now, he has a few scars, but remarkable job they did, and Louis is an abpve knee amputee.

Will is the 4th rider and his right leg was amputated at the socket. In his first race at Brands towards the end of last season he crashed and broke his neck, He will be back, but it will take time.

And whatr makes it all the more remarkable apart from the fact that they are very humble and really nice guys is that they are so pragmatic.

If you would like to know more or even follow the team then the website is at http://talanracing.co.uk/ and also the Bike Experience at http://www.tbex.co.uk/

In terms of tbex this is Talan's own charity which he keep seperate from the race team and they are always looking for helpers and/or sponsors and/or people happy to make donations.

If you are ever looking for a charity to sponsor either as a forum or individual, in my opnion you could do a lot worse.

• Like Like x 4
  7. gixxerjim

gixxerjim Active Member

was in the pit at Mallory many years ago on a trackday with Talan, truly inspiriational person.

8. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Respect to these guys and everyone involved.

9. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Just a quick update.

I have just received my invitation to attend the premier in London on the 5th of May.

Black tie job, but worth it I reckon.

I might find out then when the documentary will be on general release or what channel is taking it on.

I will keep you posted

10. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Just got home from having attended the premier.

I feel very honoured to have been at the screening and so many words could be used to describe the end result. Humbling, inspirational, awsome, to name but a few., but ultimately respect for Talan, Steve, Louis and Will, respect to the guys who had the sight and courage to make the film and respect to everyone who supports the guys not just on the track.

No announcement is yet forthcoming as to where it will be shown.

This is a film that needs to be seen by a wider audience, I hope that happens.

In short, it is an awsome and thought provoking documentary that will inspire

• Like Like x 1