Talan Racing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Feb 19, 2014.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I thought some of you may be interested in the announcement that my firm has agreed and decided to sponsor Britains first and only paraplegic to hold an international competition license. We are title sponsors.

Talan will be racing in this seasons Thundersport series using a specially adapted SV650, and includes an event at Assen later in the year. He eventually hopes to be able to progress to the Supersport or Superbike class.

Given that he is unable to use his legs and therefore has had to start from the back of the grid in previous seasons but has still managed to finish well up the order, now that due to a special adaptation he will be able to start from whatever position he qualifies in, it should be an exciting season.

If you are interested in following a particular team, then Talan Racing may well be worth a follow.

Talan Racing

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Wow. What an achievement - fair play to the lad. Will read the link with interest. Thanks for posting.

Good luck to him. :)

3. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Brilliant news i know he had a big off the last time out end of last year so happy he getting back on top stuff good news ;)

4. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

Excellent news that your company is supporting Talan. Good luck for the race season.

5. arc76

arc76 New Member

Just read up on his site , Guy has my deepest respect !

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

cracking heads up TC.

7. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Top stuff!

Talan gave a speech at a Somerset Road Safety trackday I attended at Castle Combe. He talked very frankly about the rudimentary riding mistakes he made that led to his accident... if that doesn't make you want to improve your skills, nothing will!!!!

8. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Just read his backstory on the website, ballsy bloke, well done to your firm TC for backing him.