Talan Racing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Aug 11, 2014.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Some of you may now that my firm sponsors Talan Tacing.

Talan Skeels Piggins is the only paraplegic racer in the UK who holds a full UK competition licence and is allowed to race against able bodied riders.

He is currently racing an adapted SV650 in the Thundersport series and at Brands at the weekend he finished 13th out of 34 starters. Not bad for someone who has to rely on upper body strength only.

Anyway, he is currently beng filmed for a documentary to try and spread the word about what can be achieved despite major handicaps.

The documentary is being produced by someone doing it in their spare time at no cost, but their are costs to be incurred for example editing, voice overs and so on.

More information is available at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/talan-racing-documentary

I am posting this just to make people aware, and hope that some of you feel as I do that this project is worth sponsoring so that the message can be put across to a wider audience.

Whether it is £3 or £5 (or more if you are feeling generous) every little helps.

I hope like me you feel that this is something worth donating a few quid to.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I read about this in fast bikes and what a truly inspiration fella he is, also doing lots to get others back into biking after accidents and disabilities....

To achieve what he has racing is nothing short of amazing. Fair play to the fella. £10 donated to a great cause. Wish him all the best from me.

Jimbo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Nice one, Thank you.

He is indeed inspirational and he will send you a Thank you himself.

Also worth following on Twitter (and I imagine Facebook, but I don't have FB :( )

4. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Contributed... can't wait to see the documentary.

Met Talan at an event at Castle Combe some years back... talked very openly about the riding mistakes that caused his accident (and the aftermath in horrid detail).

Continued to talk very openly about what his life has been like since (including how much he misses sex!) and how he's striving to make the most of his situation... did you know he represented GB at a paralympic winter games?!?!

What impressed me most is how he wants to get other disabled riders back onto their bikes, including inventing a sort of "button-activated stabiliser system" so that disabled riders can come to a stop safely!

Amazing dude.

5. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Plans are already afoot for the team to run 3 riders next season, and the stabaliser system is under development with the help of a Formula 1 team.

He is still involved with the paralympic team as a coach

6. Jase

Jase Elite Member

#6 Jase, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014