Tank bag for 2016 SP edition

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by theinfidel, Jul 11, 2016.

1. theinfidel

theinfidel New Member

Hi, my 2016 SP edition doesn't have a rear seat or pillion pegs to attach a tail pack safely. I'm planning a trip to Europe and want a tank bag to add to a rucksack so I can get about 5 days of kit carried. I've never tried to carry luggage on a sports bike before so gladly take any recommendations for decent tank bag that wil definitely fit, but not scratch the tank, on a 2016 SP edition. I will need to refill regularly so quick access to the filler cap would be useful. Thanks for your help.

2. Reddevil007

Reddevil007 Active Member

I have SW Motech tank bag. Uses a tank ring that is permanently attached to the filler cap and bag clips on and off. No touching the tank itself and easy to use. Just don't get too big a tank bag as you may struggle to see clocks etc.

3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

just buy a standard rear seat and use that to attach a bag to ?

Riding with a huge tank bag = nightmare on a blade in my experience

4. RazorBlade

RazorBlade Member

I use a kriega us10 with the tank adaptor for bigger trips. I only really use the Kriega tank option because I also use their tail bags and backpacks and it all works in together and their bags are brilliant. I only use it if 100% necessary though because I really don't like having anything on the tank, I find it a bit awkard.