Tax Disc Holder

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Givover, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Having been riding around with the Tax Disc in my pocket for two weeks i am still undecided on the type or place to put this pesky item .My last bike had a black screen so i had the clear plastic stick on .The New bike has the Honda sports screen which is only light tint.When i pick the bike up they had fitted one of these cheap black crappy holders to the bottom of the forks which had to go .Has any of yow Dudes had the small cylinder types and if so what area of the bike and any photos please .My main deal is that Honda spends millons on designing a good looking race rep only for us to stick on a poxy tax disc .Rant over and thanks.

2. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

Hi,

I have an Oxford cylinder one which is attached to the bolt on the top of the rear left swingarm. I agree the OEM ones look rubbish and I'm happy with the look of the cylinder one. They are legal although I know in theory they should be on the front and visible. It is on my bike which is the main thing...

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

After having two discs nicked from my bike, I now carry mine under the pillion seat. It's available for inspection on request, if the Feds want to see it.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

5. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

i carry mine in under the seat in a plastic moneybag with a £10 note and mobile phone. i have it velcro'd to the storage area

6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I had the cylinder type but it came loose so i put it under the seat wrapped in a neck scarf.. My seat cowl blew off last week and the tax disc flew out so I'm not even gonna bother now

7. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

If you buy a standard disc holder, ie those metal backed with a rubber piece holding the glass on, you can use a numberplate sticky pad and stick it to the dash support, thats not a very good discription is it? I'll take a pic of mime later and post it. I think it looks clean tidy and out of the way

8. damodici

damodici Active Member

I simply leave them at home. I've never once been stopped and asked about my tax disc so until that day comes it'll stay where it is.