Taxing a SORN CAR

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

A question for you, I have my Kit car Sorn at the mo since Nov. I want to Tax it but the Online DVLA thing will not allow me to take it from April. Yet I Taxed my mums car over a week ago for April and it was fine

How close before April Do i need to apply before I can get it for April ? if you get me?

#1 Remal, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I've just been looking through the SORN regs on your behalf and not only am I more confused than I was before but I think I may have had a mini fit in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gixerthou

gixerthou Active Member

have u had confirmation that its not sorn anymore ?

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

yes Gix I do mate

and Ken see what I mean :(

5. Bats

Bats Active Member

If you re tax after sorn it starts from the beging of the month you are in!!

Hence why april the first is my first day out on the bike and its a sunday :) :) :)

6. dave d

dave d Elite Member

i could"nt tax my car online cos i just bought it and did"nt have v5 and could"nt tax at post office cos i did"nt av new insurance documents and they dont av a facility to check online to see if its insured. let us know how you go on matt cos blades on sorn 1st april back on the road..

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

from what I have read I can only tax it 2 days before April. I tried today and would only start from the start of March. i'm, away from teh 26th March for 3 weeks So will just sort it when I get home from my hols. was just thinking if I can get it for the start my BIL can use it