Taxing "new" bike at the Post Office

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Going to pick up the Wife's new to her NSR125 on Saturday and she wants to go ride it over the weekend. This means trying to tax it at the Post Office and I haven't done that for ages. I know I need paperwork like V% (we'll have new owner part), MOT, Insurance Certificate etc, but what I don't know is if a printed Insurance Certificate is OK as we will probably be insuring it on-line tonight. Has anyone done this lately, and are there any other gotchas I need to watch out for?

2. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Last time I did it at the post office, it's just the V5, Cert of insurance (printed one is fine), and MOT (if needed). Not sure if there is a post office form you need to fill out as well or not - but they will have them if required.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Why not do it online and print off the paper saying you have the tax and it's in the post. I've done that and never been a issue. my bike tax disc lives under the pillon seat area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Didn't think that was possible as she has just got it and so V5 etc won't be in her name.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

doh yes i'm unsure now but worth a try if it comes up incorrect then it's a trip to the PO