taylor made

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by everton, Jul 5, 2011.

1. everton

everton Active Member

just woundered if anyone has a taylor made exhaust fitted
    if so did your insurance increase by much
    can see that it looks good in pics
    what i cant tell is how loud it is ie is it likely to atract attension from old bill

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

If its road legal you shouldnt see much of an increase, if any, with the insurance. I can highly recommend H and R Insurance

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Iv read alot of posts from people saying that the sheild brakes the top mount from vibration, The overall build quality is poor and they have no lamda boss so you need an eliminator to stop the FI light coming on. Alot of people also saying the they are hard to fit tidy..

Might be worth researching some reviews and making your own mind up before you buy , If you are thinking of buying that is

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I know of 2 people who have had the taylormade. 1 took it onto a dyno and it made and loss of power. The other said the fitment was poor and other than looking good it was not a great exhaust for the blade.

I looked at the TM until google came up with more negatives than positives. Plus my 2 friends above comments on their experiences with them.

quite from mate {Quite simply, the TaylorMade looks lovely, but performs apallingly, and is made of cheese}

can't find the rest of his other posts but just said the dyno results where bad for teh TM

5. dan.1moore1

That is pretty much what i have read.. Im sure a member on here is selling his as it does not fit properly

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

personally i wouldnt buy one. they look nice from the outside but the parts that count seem poor.

how many do you see on ebay with parts broken off? must be common

the exhaust set up just looks wrong. cant see how a box can be better flowing than a pulled pipe bend.

7. dan.1moore1

Yeah they always have the same top mounting part snapped off

8. JM1

JM1 Active Member

No comment on the TM pipe, but your insurance does not care what make it is. They only care how much extra power it makes. This means they will actually reduce your premium, as fitting a TM alone is known to reduce peak power output.
    They will also not care that it's not road legal, as this will allow them to void any claims you try and make.
    :)
    <Disclaimer> Some parts of the above statement may not be true.

9. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Very diplomatic!

10. everton

everton Active Member

thanks for comments will prob give it a miss stick with oe exhaust for now