Tesco Insurance. Thunbs up!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Muffking, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

In total contrast to my "Busters, Shame @ NEC !!!" thread http://1000rr.co.uk/lounge/14703.htm I'll even out the score with a post of praise.

It's coming up to renewal time on the missus car, so after checking the usual comparison sites, Tesco came up best, slightly under our existing insurer, but with £0 Excess (yes you read that right, £0 Excess on a Comp policy). So I select to buy and only then do I find out that it doesn't include No Claims protection, bugger I've bought it now! So I phone them up and get straight through (that's a refreshing start). A really polite woman explains how the website for some reason doesn't protect NCB's with an excess lower than £250 (feck that), "But we can add it for £11 without going through a new quote, which is what the website would have charged you if it was able to do that in the first place", result!

So, Tesco Car Insurance.
    For dealing with the problem efficiently, politely and for such a good start as my first customer experience with them, they CAN see the colour of my money (rough justice to Busters - see previous thread).
    And what's more, not only is the insurance due on my own car in Jan, but they do Bike insurance too :) so I'm adding them to my list of comparison sites :D

----
    Edit: oops, couldn't spell thumbs :eek:

#1 Muffking, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bradt

bradt Elite Member

And clubcard points too

3. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Every little helps;)

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Didn't know they did Bike Insurance?

U sure they don't mean Push Bikes? :D

5. paul-b

paul-b Member

Re Newing with MCE .. they're doing 15 months for the price of 12, didn't know Tesco did bike ins, bloody well should have as both our cars are with Tesco... Duhhh !

6. flynn07

flynn07 New Member

He never said bike insurance:confused:

7. dave d

dave d Elite Member

mce 15 months FOR 12.... cock! just renewed last month with em.

8. just_me _and _me _bike

Is the deal only for tesco clucard members??

9. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

I've just re-newed my car insurance - Direct line, they sent an auto renewal as i was with them last year- did some on line quotes then rang them, beat the best price and I got 0 excess for accidental damage! result And I've changed my car 3 times in the last year (don't ask!) they didn't charge a penny for any amendments - unlike MCE for bike insurance - rip off b*stards who charge 40 odd quid for any changes.
    Tesco was the next cheapest but DL did just undercut them ;)

10. paul-b

paul-b Member

Smart arse !! :cool::D

11. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Did a compare with Tesco on the BIKE after my son found it to be cheaper and sure enuf it was cheaper, guess who the policy was with? Yup that's right, MCE. You can't do it online so I got on the phone and quoted the policy number and had to go through the double check and..... yes that's right the quote was dearer. After throwing my toys out and demanding to speak to someone further up the food chain I managed to get zero excess if the claim is over £1500 inc leathers and helmet thrown in, this means that if I have only a small spill I need to kick the crap out of my fairings to get a freebie claim, yes I have got no claims protection too.