Thank you Carl

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Julian, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Julian

Julian Active Member

couple of months back i bought myself a KTM 625 off of e-bay, since getting it home i've had oil leaks, electrical problems etc etc etc ... basically i bought a patched up wait til you get it home nightmare, fair to say i've been feeling like a bit of a plum

Then along comes CARL with a thread about an absolute bag of shite he's bought on the bay, suddenly i don't feel quite so bad anymore :D :D :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Put it back on EBay Julian, Carl's in the buying mood, just watch out for the trade in offer though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Ah but if you read the last thread I didn't pay over any money and I've pulled out on suspicious grounds, so I won't make you feel better now you know I took advice from the guys on this forum and pulled out;-)

Ha ha :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Phew that was a close call, glad you won it!

5. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

That'll be a couple of plums and a lemon now then Julian!

6. Julian

Julian Active Member

bugger !

• Like Like x 1
  7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

That's the trouble with 'The Bay' you can easily end up paying for a Dog when Pissed up late at night!

Fortunately for me all the Dogs I've 'aquired' Pissed up late at night have all turned out to be fucking brilliant rides and only cost me £20 worth of Alcohol! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

That's only half the problem. I'm doing ok with buying as I have no problem walking away if they turn out to be a not as advertised shitter. My problems with ebay seem to be with selling, when someone came to tyre kick my last bike they pissed my neighbours off by revving the crap out my old Ninja and left me hanging with an offer but then buggered off to buy another bike anyway, I ended up messaging every other potential buyer that had made contact to say what happened saying and the 1st person to come and match the offer could have it, someone arrived the following evening and rode it home.

My latest selling nightmare was with a buyer who after receiving the goods and submitting a Not as Described claim, posted the item to an address local to themselves and submitted tracking info which ebay accepted as confirmation as delivery, refunded them and are now chasing me for the money. Fortunately I had emptied the paypal account in advance, but I can kiss goodbye to the paypal and ebay accounts now.

9. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

I have an eBay count of over 400 and a 100% rating! never had much problem and I have bought and sold all sorts, from bikes to dead Makita batteries. Yes u get the odd dud but the threat of poor feedback usually focuses their mind. The Chinese will always replace of refund if you show the slightest displeasure. Just waiting for spring to sell some unwanted bike stoof, some good and some tat but I will never con anyone, my score is sacred.