Thanks VFR Rider :(

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Jun 14, 2014.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Went out for a blast about this afternoon as the sun was shining brightly, as you do..
    Just exiting a roundabout on a nearby by-pass when I hear another bike and look round to see a newish red VFR accelerating up behind me.
    We both pass a couple of cars with a nice clear road curving slightly right ahead and he gives me the look and drops it down a couple of cogs and winds his bike on, so I follow suit.
    Have my throttle pinned and closing fast when he suddenly, for no obvious reason, shuts off and decelerates, almost slap bang on front of me, with my bike on a decent lean.

I had to grab a handful of brake and straighten my line to avoid the rear end of his bike, which saw the outside kerb and hedge approach rather quick.
    Luckily the road was nice and wide and still clear so I had time to crank it over and wind it on back onto the natural curve of the road.
    In the meantime Mr VFR has dropped a couple of gears and given it a large handful and is haring off down the road again...

This time I just let him go..obviously likes to play stupid games...

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Hmm what a dick!

3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Very similar in expression to the words I used ...

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

So Viffer shut the throttle on a bend? If so he is just a crap rider, if not then he is a tosser.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Perhaps a lesson for all of us?
    Don't ever get sucked into something with someone you don't know.
    Seems you made a good call from what could have been a bad job.
    Perhaps inexperience showing from the other rider, *example* likes the straights but not so hot on the bendy bits?
    I Trust my mates 100% but Id never trust a total stranger, they're unpredictable.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Givover

Givover God Like

Should have knocked it down 3 and picked the sucker off .....We cant have this can we?

7. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

I don't think it would've taken three gears to beat a viffer!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I did consider it as I was catching up fast, but as he kept randomly lighting up the brake light with still some fair distance to any traffic I thought it best to let him go play chicken by himself.

With the Brembo stopping power I knew that under braking I would easily have an advantage, but that kind of game is for the track.

Sensible head prevailed I'm pleased to say

• Like Like x 2
  9. Black

Black Active Member

Guys now on the VFR forum telling the story how he saw off a blade earlier today. Lol
    Glad you saw sense as although great fun at the time, it can all go wrong very quickly when dicing with someone as erratic as this.