The end for GAME?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Cant see links at work should I change my pre orders to gamestation ??

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

unsure but does not look good and this may help

[​IMG]

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Here comes another generalisation, I know, there'll be a hundred of you who will have experienced differently but...

We had two 'Games' in Exeter once. One deep inside Debenhams and one in a very high profile spot right in the centre of the High Street opposite the main shopping precinct and the Cathedral green, so it got the grockle and local trade all year around.

Now I would shop there for games, accessories and the like but in the end got tired of the 'finish the conversation before serving' mindset of the staff. The fact that the place generally looked like the aftermath of a tornado and the general planograms of the place meant that more than half a dozen customers meant that you couldn't even move freely through the stores. Browsing was impossible as you would have to queue up and the shelves.

So I stopped shopping there at all. Not because they were particularly bad, but because it was such a hassle to do so

I know that there are greater market and fiscal forces at work here but I'm not surprised to hear that they're in trouble. In fact I'm surprised they are still operating as they always looked to be in the middle of a 'going out of business' sale.