The Gritting has started...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr.h, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

Well, last night here in lovely leafy Lincolnshire the gritters made the first confirmed sited outing :eek: On the A16 from p'boro to Spalding and around the backwaters of Holbeach bog end.

2. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

The end of the world is nigh

#2 Nutty Tart, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. Givover

Givover God Like

It was only a matter of time ,that's one thing we can't control .It was minus 2 outside mine this morning with the van frozen over and with the heater being worse than candle power I give the windscreen a massive dose of De - icer and yes this crap froze as though I had hosed water on it .It was the same last year but some how I expected it to have somehow self righted over summer ,so sit in a freezing van for ages and every time I wiped the windscreen it just froze again .Just been out and cleaned the windows and placed one of them silver blanket covers over the main screen and trapping it both sides in the doors ..Whilst typing this I have just remembered that last year I plugged a fan heater in the van had some breakfast and with the engine ticking over the inside was warm as toast .....

4. dave d

dave d Elite Member

0430 start this morning village had been gritted but unfortunately for some poor bugger the A630 hadn't bloke skidded on ice headfirst into a lorry fatal im afraid, emergency services all attended and 2 police cars skidded into each other not a good day. Bloke got off of bus took a photo of body laid in road f**king unbelievable!! He said work wouldn't believe him why we were so late.

A motorist has died in a collision in Rotherham | South Yorkshire Police

5. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Mines been away for 6 weeks now, so not putting it out while its salty and cold.Did it last year on dry sunny cold days and still had salt ingress in odd places like behind the fairing etc.Not chancing it this year it can wait.

6. just_me _and _me _bike

No salt here yet, but we seem to escape alot of the hard cold winter mornings here in the midlands :)

7. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

loads of salt here too :(

will have to get my FS365 at the ready ;)

8. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Thought they were taking the mick when they came down my road last night but nope, when I got up there it was all over my van! Don't use that de-icer crap, just warm water in the kettle then a quick couple of wipes and it's gone.

9. Island Rider

Island Rider New Member

1.5c here tonight, was out today as it was quite sunny...hoping the gritters keep away but i think its getting close to time to pack the bike away for winter :mad:

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Nothing here but got down to 4 degrees last night. But then back up to 9 before 7 this morning