The Little green Book

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Givover, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

How is it that when you come to part ex your bike the salesman greedly grabs the Little green Book opens it up and with a straight face explains that you have lost the Vat and there is a lot of depreication manages to hold his nerve and gets the deal ,Only for you to see the bike going for over a grand more the day after .I understand that they may have to PDI it ect but i can't get my head around the its the (BOOK) routine.

2. JM1

JM1 Active Member

On a trade-in, what he pays you for the bike doesn't really matter, what's important is the cost to change.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, that was very nearly zen JM.

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I agree its not what you get or give its the difference? I canged my RR1 for a RR5, the RR5 was overpriced but I got £2900 for my RR1, I would never get that private so I took a view. Anyway I had no choice but to buy, the bike just kept looking at me?

5. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Yep Check the cost to change

I wanted an s1000rr but it would have been £4500 more than the blade was which was a piss take.

6. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

:biggrin1: .. an I thought it was just us ladies that got that syndrome :sarcastic:

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Nah, you guys are just much cleverer than us when we have to articulate the justification afterwards.

8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Easy..... they will pull out the various used price guides to buy your bike in..... but get them to do it when you ask why the used bike they are selling appears to be over what the book says is the retail price, '' oh the book is only a guide, we don't really use it'' Yep, of course you don't... until i bring my bike in for pX when you give me bottom, poor, trade value !!!! Just look around, do not rush and sell your bike private, you will get more (if you keep your head) and will be in a good position when buying your new one.