The only way to spend a Saturday morning

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by kpone, Mar 31, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Met up with my mate for a run out this morning. It almost ended before it began when turning into his road at nil mph my front wheel started to fold under me. Not much, the skidmark when I checked was about the same length as the one it left in my pants, but it felt muuuuuuccch longer as it was happening. The main road had been 'dressed' and the surplus had been swept onto the junction by traffic.

We'd intended to run up onto Exmoor but agreed over coffee and bollocks that it would be foggy and crap up there so settled on a wazz up the old A38, largely ignored as it runs beside the M5. Bloody great. Hardly any traffic but long sight lines to dispose of any we crept up on, and quite a few bikers, with the same idea as us, judging by their grins, coming in the opposite direction.

We rolled into Taunton to Heine Gericke for more coffee and bollocks and after about ten minutes looked out the window to see this.

[​IMG]

We do get a bit more of our share of double takes when we park up together anyway because our bikes are so similar, but a third one pitching up got shed loads of people, non bikers too, reaching for their camera phones. The other geezer had only had it a couple of weeks but is enjoying it immensely. He was telling me that he's got a few outstanding recalls that he's booked it in to have sorted, which reminded me I must give my frame number to Bridge for them to check mine too. I gave him my forum calling card, well an old envelope I blagged from the bird behind the counter.

The garage next door was having some kind of open day so we wandered over to have a butchers. They had a Lister single cylinder water pump running on demo, so my mate made the inevitable 'sounds like your Ducati' jokes, much to everyones delight until the motor suddenly stopped and I then had to agree with him. There was also a pretty little Villiers, more Lisa than Jimbo, with a V belt running an old washing machine motor turned generator, linked to a set of bulbs out of the ark. The bloke running them was dropping the belts on the running motors by hand (The proper way) and adjusting them by kicking the whole rig either closer together or further apart. Luverley! The garage owner clocked our leathers and dragged us into the back of the garage to see his Mille and 1098s Corse, plus his R1 race bike. Top bloke.

Then on the run back had a glorious dabble with a full Martini works colours Integrale.

All this and Superbikes on the telly.

#1 kpone, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Life just dont get much better does it?

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I assume you got the chap on to the forum ken? That's a great shot by the way !

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave him the details and my username so he's got a name to recognise, so who knows. My mate keeps saying he'll join but I suspect he's got a life. lol.

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Sounds like a top morning mate... Nice one!

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Cheers Jimbo. It was a bit through the looking glass at times, with loads of strange shit going on. Scary low sides, triple vision, old engines and a racer tucked away in a corner. Then to see a monster Group B wannabe grow big in my mirrors.

If I'd run over a white rabbit on the way home it might have made more sense.

7. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Now good things come in three's. top morning you've had there

8. MrB

MrB God Like

If you want to know about any outstanding recalls PM me your VIN and I can have a look for you

• Like Like x 2
  9. Givover

Givover God Like

Glad you enjoyed yourself its what you need after wasting a full week at work .

• Like Like x 1
  10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

That sounds like a fantastic day out you had there Ken. I only managed a run out in the car as the missus was pestering me to take her out. Tomorrow is another day though :D

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes Colin a pretty good day. + super pole and a decent game of rugby on the box. So because fair is only fair I've promised to keep Jeanette company all day tomorrow on the sofa watching WSB.

12. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've got the racing on record for tomorrow. Plan is to wash the bike admire it for 2 mins then jump on and head down to the borders or head up to Glencoe. Just need to persuade my mate to tag along or I'll be Billy no mates :)

• Like Like x 2