The worst problem with knock off seat cowl's

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dan.1moore1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Latley i have been keeping my Iphone , bank card , cash etc in a little Gameboy case under my seat cowl.
    My tax disc came loose the other day so i wraped it in a kneck scarf and also put that under the seat cowl.

Anyway i went out with a friend today and on the way home i had to stop for fuel so pulled my little case out and went in to pay, came back out and put the case back and clicked the seat cowl down. I deffinatly clicked ii in properly as i always pull it to make sure it is secure.

I had about 20 miles till home so being on one of my fav roads i gave it a bit of beans and blasted home.I pulled up on my drive , got of the bike and my seat cowl is gone,My litle case has gone, 2 kneck scarfs and my tax disc all blown away.

Absalotly gutted !! My mate then pulled up and thankfully spent the last blast home dodging flying objects coming from my bike and stopping to pick them up.
    He found the important things, My case with phone and card in and also my 2 kneck scarfs but unfortunatly the cowl is still hiding in a hedge somewhere and my tax disc is nowhere to be found.

I guess it serves me right for being a cheap skate and getting the 30 quid cowl of the Honda cowl..

Anyway just a moan and a warning to people who have knock of cowls. Make sure its on real tight lol

2. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Happened to me on my rr4 red blade. although i felt it go, it flung up and hit my back and stopped to pick up the remains.

People riding behind me now will see me hitting the cowl/rear seat every now and then to see if it is still there, paranoid about it now lol.

3. dan.1moore1

Yeah i think i will be from now on lol

4. Givover

Givover God Like

or if you can thread an electrical tie wrap around it to the locking strap (not sure on the blade )this is something i was thinking about last night as i have had one break free on an R1 and this is what i did after paying out 120 sheets for a new one.

5. dan.1moore1

Well it was deffinatly on properly so im not sure what happened but when i got home it was gone. So lucky my mate was behind to pick up most of my stuff

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Just buy a genuine one and sell it on when you come to sell Bike.

Works out more or less the same price as a cheap one the

7. dan.1moore1

Yeah good point . Iv been ummmming and rrrrring over a genuine cowl so this is a good excuse to get 1

8. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Remember a used one won't come withthe fitting kit either which is another £15

Prob best to bite the bullet and buy a new genuine one unless you manage to find a used one at a good price

9. dan.1moore1

Yeah the knock off had no fitting kit so i made my own with left over vinyl graphics from my motocross bike