Throttle Body Sync on SC77 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by dow, Jul 7, 2024.

1. dow

dow New Member

Hi there,

I know this has been previously posted here but it always ended with "Honda says don't touch it in the manual so don't" which I believe is incorrect and I need some help from somebody who attempted doing this rather than sticking to everything that producent says. They obviously will not want you messing with the bike and causing it to fail so they prevented by saying do not touch.

I have two questions

1. Do you guys know what is the pin for the tps calibration and what’s the voltage range? I’ve done it today on black cable positive and it was 0.5v to 4V but people online say it should be 4.5. Two bikes had the same voltage so I assumed it’s within the range. Rest cables where completely off the scale yellow 5V VCC, black then green which was like 1.6V to 2.5V I think and then white 0V ground I suppose. I had to do it as I've taken tps sensor out of the throttle bodies and had to be put back at the right spot.

2. I’ve tried doing throttle bodies sync today but plugging the carb tune tool to the vacuum lines of the map sensor caused my engine to run very tough end eventually overheated spitting out coolant. Behaviour was super weird as the coolant temp was very jumpy and fans kicked in as they should but the temp wasn’t dropping. After plugging the sensor back in all gone away. This could be also related to having airbox off and some DTC present because when I plugged the map sensor back I've also cleared the issues. When I was doing it adjusting screws from the manual were changing the gauges on carb tune so it all made sense and what I would expect. Just wondering if there is any better way and if my attempt was correct? Maybe like EVAP vacuum line instead? Now that I've moved the screws - how do I get them back in where they should be.
    upload_2024-7-7_9-54-33.png

upload_2024-7-7_9-54-20.png