To ALL members of 1000rr.co.uk.........

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by just_me _and _me _bike, Dec 12, 2013.

1. just_me _and _me _bike

As you have all seen n read there has been alot of bad feelings and upset over the past few days where posts have been hurtful n quite rude.

Now we are all grown ups and it is an open forum where we can say n respond to threads with our own honest views on subjects, as long as our views are not derogatory to anyone else, due to their sex, race, colour, sexual preference or the like.

Yes i agree if we dont like the choice of bike/s someone purchases with their OWN hard earned cash, dont read the thread or comment on it, if the author of the thread asks for honest opinions then yes we shud be able to respond honestly ( maybe with abit of banter thrown in ) n openly wether or not that view is shared by everyone or not.

I want to now APOLOGISE to anyone on here that i may have offended by posting a comment or by " liking " a comment made by another member.

Am sure like everyone on here, we r all here to experience n share our love for all things biking wether thats on a pushbike, Fireblade or wotever. And have a laugh along the way with comical posts.

Lets please now stop the rot and urge the moderators to start cracking down n " locking " threads so the uglyness cant continue.

• Like Like x 5
  2. just_me _and _me _bike

As im also gerring tired of missing decent quality posts due to all the testosterone flying about in sum threads :(

3. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Has it really come to this? Im sure i posted a thread like this?

4. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Fully understand the reasons and the sentiments in your post JMAMB.
    YT posted similar which turned to mush.
    As for locking threads, there's an old adage that springs to mind, your dammed if you do and your dammed if you don't.
    I have a lot of respect for the members on here, i have over the past couple of years enjoyed the honour or riding with a handful of them as mates 'and this in turn has grown to true friendship.
    Fact, we can not like every single person in the world, it's impossible for what ever the reason.
    I have resisted commenting on many of the threads. especially the negative ones as I choose not to get drawn in.
    Just my opinion and ill try and make my side of it clear, if we were to start locking threads just because someone sees their arse on a comment or it went off topic, we will then soon be seen as the enemy on over moderating and to be honest every thread would be locked after 10 posts.
    We are all adults here, it's upto the individual members to follow suit and act in an appropriate respectful manner, it is not the moderators responsibility however to dictate the direction a conversation should go the forum is here for anyone to discuss and share their views.

Opinions and arseholes syndrome my old dad calls it, apparently its because we all have one, and that's what makes a great forum.
    It's just down to the peeps who post how they put their opinion across and sometimes we get it slightly wrong in translation and for what ever reason come out sounding like arseholes and a world of shit erupts.

To end.
    I'm quite happy with my just two years on the forum, as said I've met a lot of quality folk.
    I don't feel the need to expand on my friendships any further, the Christmas card list takes long enough to write.

And TBH, like I really need the shit off those who can't moderate themselves in an appropriate manner ;)

#4 Garyb, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  5. just_me _and _me _bike

Yes i did see n read YT post but as you say it turned to rat shit, few recent threads have but there are alot that havent, hence y i asked if the threads could be policed more n action taken to stop them gerring out of hand.

Its sad that a great forum has come to this n i have enjoyed my short time on here n the knowledge some of the guys pass on is priceless n forthcoming without the need for owt in return, THAT to me is what forum is / Are about.

Im gonna take a break from here before i lose all interest n come back in the new year around March time n hopefully all issues will be resolved n we are all looking forward to the forum rideouts n meetups.

So Merry Christmas n Happy New Year everyone :D

See ya in 2014

6. just_me _and _me _bike

Yes i did see n read YT post but as you say it turned to rat shit, few recent threads have but there are alot that havent, hence y i asked if the threads could be policed more n action taken to stop them gerring out of hand.

Its sad that a great forum has come to this n i have enjoyed my short time on here n the knowledge some of the guys pass on is priceless n forthcoming without the need for owt in return, THAT to me is what forum is / Are about.

Im gonna take a break from here before i lose all interest n come back in the new year around March time n hopefully all issues will be resolved n we are all looking forward to the forum rideouts n meetups.

So Merry Christmas n Happy New Year everyone :D

See ya in 2014

7. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Im sorry but this forum has got so fuckin borin since everyone started takin stuff personally and arguin like bitches. What happened to the banter and havin a laugh? Seriously this is stale as fuck

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Why i never try and take anything personally as it's all to easy to take things out of hand and in the end just not worth it

it's a forum and I have made many good friends in person and over the net

My only wish is that we just get past this sooner than later

Matt

• Like Like x 3