Tommy Hill

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Jimbo Vills, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

No doubt he's all sorted now for next year and I have just missed the news, but was at a dinner couple weeks back and Tommy was still not committed to a team for next year and only said that he was still looking at options...

anyone know if its confirmed yet?

He's a top lad IMO, proper racer and decent fella...personally i'd like to see him defend his BSB title then go to worlds but think he will go if a top ride is offered to him.

2. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

If he gets offered web ride etc the money will go up, he'll be racing internationally etc etc.

If he stays to defend his title what's to say he has a bad bike a bad season then gets stuck at bsb level, I think profession means he must move onwards and upwards.

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

fair point mate, just my preference on a selfish note as i think the bsb as a series is great and really enjoy watching it and without Tommy it'll be a lesser place.

wouldnt knock him for going to wsb in the slightest... i would if i were him, but on the flip side, only on a competitive bike otherwise he will be straight back in bsb as it will be seen that he has stepped up a class but not established himself???

moto2 not an option? he dont mind a scrap...

4. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

If i was Tommy, i would be doing EVERYTHING to ensure a move to wsbk or a change of manufacturer for SMR in 2012, the yamaha simply wont be quick enough in evo trim without the super advanced motogp spec electronics and the factory spec motors. The fact there are NO R1's in superstock gives you an indication of just how poor the bike is in that sort of trim.

Rumours persist of SMR changing to BMW in 2012, id like to see a proper team running the BMW, as all the current efforts have been poor.

5. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

No news from the SMR team within the race community, If they did sign Tommy who else would they go for?

6. CastrolCraig

Plenty of news within the race community though, as for second rider, Linfoot, practically already done.

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Totally agree... if its the beez knees that all the mags and journo's say, with massive bhp potential with nothing more than a akro system, cant see why ithe teams are not all running them and walking it...

new zx10 could be an option? and what about the 1199, will that be eligable for next season?

8. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Can you give us some of it then, speculation etc, And when are honda going to announce who their main sponser will be

9. CastrolCraig

Its got a monster motor, but the electronics are a bitch to work with and the wight distrubution is all wrong, 2 points that are changed on the 2012 bike, as for the kwak, already 4, maybe 6 if MSS carry on with kwak, and all the manufacturer money goes to PBM this year, in my opinion its going to be stick with yamaha for a year or switch to BMW, as nobody will run the 1199 in evo rules because they need the stupidly advanced motec elctronics to work!

I will start a BSB thread as i have the MotoGP/WSBK ones this afternoon.

10. CastrolCraig

some of it i cant give you, as much as id like to, or i wouldnt get trusted with info like that again, the linfoot thing is pretty common knowledge within the paddock, as is Padgetts moving up to superbikes this year, possibly with rutter as he will do the TT with them also, rutter could also go to quay garage but they may not even be on the grid.

As for speculation, i heard the name Hudson kennaugh mentioned in relation to a top supersprts ride for 2012, and also a certain Mr Kiyonari with padgetts honda....

11. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

I will start a BSB thread as i have the MotoGP/WSBK ones this afternoon.[/QUOTE]
    Good man, I am looking forward to the insiders weekly blog, (Castrol Craig Super scoop journo)

12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

But nobody really knows what Tommy is doing then??? lol

13. CastrolCraig

Yeah, he is staying at SMR, the speculation is to what bike he will be on. Tommy said himself he was staying in an interview for BSN at the bike show.

Besides, in my honest opionion, he should have walked this season given the bike he was on. they dont come much more full factory!

14. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

oh right, cool... sorry must of missed that in ya previous post!

when you said that he should be pushing for wsb ride, take it smr are yet to confirm eithe bsb or wsb with Tommy then?

maybe he should have, but Hoppo proved he is a class act (when his head is semi straight) and gave him a real good go this year.

15. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong IMO BSB is by far the best racing out their and all the better that the bikes represent what's sat in my garage.

It's just Tommy rides to earn a wage and I'm guessing the pay in WSB is a little more than in bsb.

Im not into football but it makes me laugh when fans slate a player off for going to another team on 120k a week instead of 40k cus it's at man utd, fcuk that I'd be gone in a second!!!!

16. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

I dont think anyone would disagree with you, I for one would like to see Tommy in WSB. But not on a second rate machine. He needs someone to give him a factory backed ride.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

totally agree!! think its the right move, but only if he is on the right package..... nobody want to go somewhere and fight for tenth, from the top boys to club racer! got to be in it to win it.