Top 9 Moto GP Grid.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Feb 1, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I thought it would be interesting to list/debate the all-time best first three rows for a Moto GP grid.

Mine is, in random order:

1. Doohan
    2. Marquez
    3. Stoner
    4. Agostini
    5. Hailwood
    6. Rossi
    7. Fogarty
    8. Hayden
    9. Abe

2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Kenny Roberts would be in there

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep. Agreed. Rainey should be a walk-up start too. And the late Joey Dunlop would give them all a showing.

This is the thing with lists. It's always interesting to hear others' perspectives of inclusions that have slipped our mind.

4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Jorge Lorenzo would have to in there, he's fifth in the all time top Moto gp race winner's with 65 race wins. That's one place above Marc Marquez!

Angel Nieto is above both of them in total number if race wins. Granted all his wins were on 50cc and 80cc machines.

It's a bit of a can of worms this.......there's too many world champions who've won shit loads of races but in different classes I don't know where to start!

Could get a full night out of this one Nigel o_O

#4 PauloHRC, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, just saw on Moto GP site that Jorge was under the lap record for Sepang tests. If his Duke's going to be up there, we could have a good year. I confess that I didn't know he'd won more than Marquez, but that'll change this year.:)

I see Nakajima (No 30 from Moto 2) on the LCR Honda as 'Rookie of the Year'.