Top yoke issue ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Repsol Rob, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

I had little prang last week and bike hit tyre wall at mallory (not fast) but impact was mainly front wheel, although minor damage to bike as it fell over on right hand side, i ve noticed that the top yolk seems about 5 - !0 mm twisted to the right whilst keeping front wheel straight, is it possible that the top yolk can be twisted ? and out of alighment with the bottom yolk ? impact was nt at speed but could top yolk get knocked out of alighment when it fell over ?? Any advice would be appreciated.....cheers i ve ridden bike since at speed but nothing seems to feel at odds with handling etc ?

2. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

i should have said its a 2011 model (dont rub it in) ! lol

3. GSP

GSP Active Member

Being a 2011 the top yoke is Magnesium from what I can remember... meaning it's not particularly strong when subjected to forces it's not designed to be subjected to.

So yes, unfortunately it's entirely possible.

4. abv

abv Active Member

Most likely the forks are twisted within the yokes. Get the front end supported some how, I use a rear paddock stand and scissor jack with a piece of wood under the headers. Release all the bolts clamping the forks into the yokes and the should straighten themselves.

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

+1 Was gonna suggest the same advise but with a trolly jack