tough day today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rocket, Jul 31, 2012.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

father in law got taken ill just over fortnight ago and to cut along story short they havent give him much chance of pulling thru and its only a matter of time, poor bugger. had to take our 2 boys over to see him today to say what we think is goodbye without upsetting him too much and my boys are too young to know anything other than pappy is poorly. wifes struggling with it big time and today brought it all back when i lost my mum and i feel crap not been able to help her as i,ve got to stay home with the boys while she visits him without me. lifes damn tough at times and i certainly won,t be taking things for granted anymore and got to live life to the max if i can!

2. MrB

MrB God Like

sorry to hear the news, all the best.

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Cant say I know how you feel because I don't must be very difficult for you all, just be there for the wife and boys.

4. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

A real shitter mate. Ya doing more than you think by looking after the little ones. It means one less thing for your wife to worry about. As long as you are there for her mate, and stay strong, nobody can ask or expect more. wishing you and yours all the best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I feel for you mate. I really do, so long as you can support your family emotionally you are doing your best, it's times like this you reflect on life, and thank every blessing we have.
    It's all about strength mate, belive me, joking aside I've had my cart full this week, it makes it harder when people/family we use to rely on being there for us in our time of need ain't around for support anymore.
    Sadly that's what being the "man about the house" is about. Your main directive is to Look after the wife and the boys, them knowing your there for them will be reassuring to them.
    The important thing is, you have somewhere to off load too, we all can only take so much.

6. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Hey mate chin up , you need be strong for your wife , sorry about the news

7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Life can be such a bitch at times to those who least expect it mate........sympathy to you and your family mate..........i lost my wife to breast cancer 3 yrs ago last weekend she was 42 and i did nt realise how much work is involved in being totally in charge......but just like you said i now treat every day as it comes (hence the return to biking).......

8. dave d

dave d Elite Member

feel for you mate,will be a very emotional time for your wife all you can be is a shoulder to cry on,and be as supportive as you can.

9. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

That's a real shitter mate, like others have said just knowing the kids are being looked after is something less to worry about whilst she spends her time with her dad. Best wishes to you and yours!

10. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Really terrible news fella I hope it's as tolerable as possible, maybe a good thing your boys are so young!

Chin up n take care, sending my love n best wished to you and yours!

11. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

You know shit like this brings tears to my eyes!

I've got a two year old kid and thinking about having to explain to him what your going through almost brings me to tears!!

Then when you post on a forum you get a load of strangers offering support and a shoulder!

12. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

So sorry to hear about the tough time your family is going through at the moment, all I can do is reiterate the advice and kind words from the other members and add my own best wishes at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rocket

rocket Active Member

thanks for support guys it helps alot. he lost his battle this morning with his nearest and dearest by his side. toughest thing we ever had to do was tell the boys earlier tonight. thanks again guys and i,ll be back soon.

14. dave d

dave d Elite Member

sorry mate.

15. MrB

MrB God Like

Ditto, don't worry if you can't make it to collect the battery I've put it to one side for you.

16. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

For what it's worth mate, you all have my sympathies.

17. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Sorry fella

18. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Really sorry to hear the news, fella. It's weird how life lets you bimble along for ages without a problem and then chucks you an awful blindside like this. Keep your chin up.

19. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

there is never a good time to loose a loved one but as long as he enjoyed his time here then thats all that counts no matter how long or short that may have been, chin up and memories can NEVER be taken away from you all

20. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

RIP X x X