Toying with selling the Blade fellas

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by Jamz, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

After a price really guys n gals

Completely standard apart from the BOS can, has R&G paddock Bobbins and R&G tail tidy, comes with Honda Seat cowl..Never been tracked and seen the Rev limiter twice...yep twice!

Only got 3400 miles on the clock 58 plate..had all the necessary HONDA recalls, (Slipper c lutch and rear pegs were starting to corrode)

Had a hisy fit with putting swirls in it but they are now removed, had a small off that cracked the front nose fairing, light unit and scuffed the side fairing...as it went through the insurance I made sure i got my moneys worth :)

Basically a new bike bodywork wise, even the swingarm was repainted and polished

Youve seen the pix but again:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do we think?

2. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I been studying the market a lot lately, is the damage recorded as in is it a cat D???? I recon you would be lucky to get £6500 for it at the moment My mate was just given £6K for his 58 reg brogie rep with the same miles on as yours and that was with him buying a new £15000 harley they offered him £5k originally and a few garages have said around that price.

Id say a realistic price if its not recorded is £6k private sale at this time of year, some of the red RR-8's are advertised at £5800-£5900 so you can knock a few hundred off those prices with a cash buy and thats from dealers.

3. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

No its not recorded..and Red blades are horid :O

4. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I think you would have to be happy with 6k mate and anything more a bonus just because thats the market at the mo. Tis a stunning bike though

5. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Sad news Carl, hope you get a good price mate?

6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

NOOOOOOO Dont do it mate

7. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I'm with the others ... if you got 6K I recon you should take it . I only payed 6300 for mine and that was April last year with less mileage than yours .

8. Benn The Pig

It was the metalic burgundy red not the flat red, they are a little dated now but nicer, nicer than the flat red anyway.

9. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

I was watching a burgundy and red blade with just under 3k on the clock (private sale), not CAT D etc, said full history and one owner (him), just a nice clean standard bike, he had it with a starting bid of £5k................. it did not sell !!!! Cash is king, all bets are off i think in the current market place, and as this depression (because that is exactly what it is) goes on, i can see toys like the blade getting harder to get decent prices for.

10. Benn The Pig

Come march though you can prib stick a grand on top, Christmas out the way and a full summer coming up and prices of brand new bikes at an all time high!!!

A 2009 Repsol with 400 miles on went for 6500 on eBay last night

11. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

I would say that if a buyer is in no rush, he/she can just sit and wait for the right bike at the right price to come along.

12. Benn The Pig

Yup especially with times like these no jobs prices going up, the toys go first people take the hit just glad to have some of the money back.

13. Kstead

Kstead Active Member

Hi jamz
    Did you decide on a price for this????

14. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I really hope you decide to keep her mate . Our members that have sold up always say they will stay on the forum or at least call back to say hello but they are long gone now

We need DJ Jammin on the forum !! LoL

• Like Like x 1
  15. Villan

Villan Active Member

Dont be silly Jamz....................we are going to have a great summer at Loomies etc... next year.

Now get a grip!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Hi mate..

I would let her go for £6400ono.. Its immaculate, it looks the nuts :Banane21: and its got next to fook all miles on it.. I couldnt justify letting it go for much less than that..thats with new tax and its first MOT too, if not then il hold on to it and try again in the summer

Ive got a lot of stuff coming up and Its not going to be used as much as id like so its time i think..i can always get another when circumstances change

#16 Jamz, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  17. Kstead

Kstead Active Member

Hi mate,
    I think we could be pretty close on this if we can figure out the million or so miles between us, She sure does look purdee :0)
    wanna drop me a pm an we could have a chat tommorow?

18. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

PM sent m8