Track day wet weather gear

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by AlfG, Jul 14, 2014.

1. AlfG

AlfG New Member

I've decided that to experience more tracks, I need to get more committed, so I have bought a RR4 as a track bike.

This has come with a spare set of wheels with wets so I can book in advance and not worry so much about the weather.

But I was wondering what you lot are wearing when it is a wet day?

Do you just accept your leathers are going to get soaked and hope they dry out ok?
    Or
    Do you have weather proof track gear?
    Or
    Do you wear some kind of rain suit that goes over your leathers to protect you as much as possible?

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Depends on how bad the rain is.
    I've done a few wet days and the worry is your boots and gloves filling up really, i spent the 40 min breaks sat in my car with the blowers on full, my gloves on the dash and boots in the foot well drying out. I do have waterproofs, they're basically an over sized shell suit (no I don't look like Ali G).

I've seen some guys go out with a track oversuit, but when it's that bad riders often go down like skittles.

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I either put a waterproof running jacket on under my leathers or just deal with it.

Gloves go on tyre warmers between sessions.

4. scooby

scooby Elite Member

bunch of pansies,just get out and ride in it ;) .you can get a jonny suit,but never really seen the point of them as they only cover your torso,so everything else gets piss wet anyway.

5. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Besides; it always seems to be your nuts that get the wettest.

or maybe thats just me loosing bladder control when braking, cranking over & accelerating in the wet

• Like Like x 1
  6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I bought a Full on 'Fat Suit' to go over my Leathers.

Waste of time as it made me sweat like 'Rolf Harris in a Girls School Gym' so ended up just as wet as if I'd not bothered at all!