Trackdays - which UK circuits would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Singh1000RR, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Hi All, i've done Donnington nearly every year for the last 8 years and I love it. Mostly multiple times a year.

I've also done Mallory - but wasn't impressed due to lack of garages/facilities.

Not keen on Cadwell as I like fast flowing wide circuits.

What other circuits would people recommend and why? I'm based in East Midlands (close to Dono) but happy to travel. Have access to a van so dont ride to circuit.

2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Got to be Oulton Park, good facilities and all of the corners are fast apart from 2 chicanes, but even they aren't that slow once you get them sorted. Pretty sure it's wider than Cadwell but still not as wide as Donny. Probably your next nearest track aswell after Cadwell, Snett and Donny.

No bike trackdays at Silverstone this year apparently.

#2 CharlieR85, Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

Brands Hatch and Snetterton are pretty good. Bedford Autodrome is worth a try, but its quite flat.

Silverstone has no bike events this year.. booo. But thats a whole other topic!

4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Another vote for Snetterton. My biggest gripe is having a long ride home afterwards and this place is closest to me but I find it suits my (lack of ) skills quite well.

5. FairWeatherBiker

FairWeatherBiker Active Member

Wide open = Snetterton. Not done Silverstone, but hear it is wide.
    Oulton is a wider version of Cadwell with garages.
    I think Donington sits between these 2 groups.

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Nobody mentioned Bedford Autodrome, but rather than try to recommend a track I think you should try as many as you can reasonably get to and consider staying overnight the night before so distance is less of an issue.
    Once you've done a few other tracks you can decide which ones you like and take it from there. I try to do around 5 different tracks per year, some are overnighters, the rest I visit regularly like Donny & Cadwell because they're not too far.

7. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Snetterton, massive trip over for me from North Wales but enjoyed a 2 day James Whitham track training day. Quite difficult to learn, not many reference points around the track for brake markers ETC but 2 very fast sections on it, manage a recorded 181 mph on the bikes data logger, 176 mph on the GPS.
    P.S. You need good brakes, just saying :)

8. TheGodfather

TheGodfather New Member

They're all a treck for me from the Isle of Wight. I love Oulton and Donny. I never seem to go well at Snetterton for some reason.
    Angelsey is worth the trip and they do a fair amount of double headers to make the trip worth while.

9. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Yeah, Anglesey is very good and local for me, however, more suited to a 600cc, hard work on a 1000cc especially after a 2 day James Whitham track day.