Tracking items

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by fisher, Aug 23, 2011.

1. fisher

fisher Active Member

Hi all

I've been tracking my Yoshi over the last few days, I ordered it from the States for £420.00 delivered after converting to Sterling.
    It has landed in Blighty. [somewhere?]

Now the last email I had was this
    Customs Clearance, 2011-08-23, 09:30:00
    Customs Clearance, 2011-08-23, 09:31:00

Does this mean it has passed through British customs and is being delivered, or do I have to ring them up and pay dutty/delivery charges?

any help would be gratefully recieved

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got a customer who's a customs officer. I'll try and get hold of him in the morning and find out for you, if you haven't worked it out by then mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fisher

fisher Active Member

Brilliant thanks dude

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

You will get a letter or a call if they hold the item, otherwise the bill will be sent later on (for low value items) by letter and you can call and pay by credit card then they release and del the package, some del companies collect the duty for them and again they call or send a letter for collection of money, once paid again they ship the item to the address. You can used this duty calc to take the guess work from it, its never far out.. :)

Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | The DutyCalculator

#4 arthurbikemad, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Givover

Givover God Like

If i remember right it may be another week ish before you get a note from say parcel force this command (in my case) had me going to liverpool to go to the depot and pay up prior to the release of the goodies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fisher

fisher Active Member

Thanks a lot for the replies fella's

7. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I had a parcel a while back from the USA and that was delivered to UK ... but get this ... it was Northern Ireland . DOH!!!

It languished there for a week or so before being delivered to my house ..... go figure

8. fisher

fisher Active Member

Nothing amazes me more than what the post office gets up to Nutty.

9. damodici

damodici Active Member

It takes a day or so to update if your using USPS tracking mate

It'll basically go to the nearest parcel force worldwide depot to you, the last two I've had from the states I've beaten the letter and just rang parcel force and asked them if they have it, give them the tracking number and delivery address and they'll check the goods in log.

Pop down, take recent bill with address on and ID and jobs a good un. You'll pay the charges over the counter, probably £28 give or take

10. fisher

fisher Active Member

Sound advice, many thanks Dan

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Fisher. I've spoke to my "inside guy" and although it's not really his department (he's more into chasing smugglers, lucky bastard), he says that if it's from the states it'll be in a building in Birmingham where somebody will check it out, steal your cocaine and put a bill in with the zorst before sending it on it's way. "Customs Clearance" is a department not an action so your email is saying it's just got to that department. Apparently they don't necessarily inspect every parcel but if it's going on to Cardiff...

• Like Like x 1
  12. fisher

fisher Active Member

Thanks a lot mate, ave a word with your mate on the "inside" to ask his buddies to ignore mine and just send it straight onto me. lol